I have been slacking on my updates but the past couple weeks have just flown bye! Last Thursday was my mom's birthday (Happy Birthday Mom) and we went out for her first birthday dinner at the Jersey Grille, which is a new bar that opened in September. I had never heard of it so I assumed no one else had either... well apparently it is the new place to be because it was packed but the food was good!!
Saturday was GAMEDAY! So naturally my dad and I braved the cold weather and watched the Hawks beat Purdue. I have decided that my dad and I are the only true Hawkeye fans in the family because even the freezing cold and snow flurries didn't keep us away - I cannot say the same for other members of the family who shall remain nameless :). GO HAWKS!
Sunday was the second dinner celebration for my mom's birthday when we all went to the Club for pasta night, which was delicious!! Ryan's folks and brother were in town visiting so they joined in the celebration. It was also Addison's first time dining out at the Club so Katie dressed her in a really cute outfit she got from Palmer's Board of Trustees - very fancy! Addison did GREAT at dinner she didn't fuss at all although she did projectile vomit while Ryan was feeding her, which ended up in Ryan's lap conveniently located on his crotch :). Poor Ryan! We all had a good laugh at his expense.
This week is also very busy as Matt and I prepare for the arrival of his sister, her boyfriend Rod and dog Maggie. We are rushing to get the house clean and ready for our visitors by Friday because... we will be leaving for Minnesota to visit with Mark and Grete and of course catch the Hawks game Saturday night!! It will definitely be a fun-filled weekend!
Now for the pregnancy update... I have completed my 17th week of pregnancy and half-way done with my 18th week - I know it is unbelievable. The baby is now 5 to 51/2 inches long!
Not much has changed except for my expanding belly - pictures to come! I think I felt the baby move on the way home from Iowa City on Saturday. It was amazing and pretty much indescribable. Only one week and two days until our ultrasound!!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment