Sunday, January 2, 2011

21 Months!

As Carter would say, "Oh My!" another month has passed and we are now in 2011!!! Crazy, crazy. I had a wonderful 2010 so I was a little sad to see it go but I am looking forward to a blessed 2011. NYE is always a little hard for me now that I am a mom. It means another year has passed and my baby is growing up way too fast. Carter is really starting to thin out and look like a big boy! Grete made my mom a 2010 grandbaby scrapbook for Christmas (thanks Grete!) and I couldn't believe how much Carter has changed!! Last January he looked like this:



And now he looks like this:
I know! But it isn't just his face that has changed. This time last year he wasn't even walking and had just started cruishing furniture. Now he runs and marches and dances. He is such a little character and a smile rarely leaves his face. That is unless Addison is bugging him then the tears they are a flowing! One thing we are trying to do in the new year is toughen Mr. Carter up! Addison knows how to 'get his goat' and he lets her every.time. And now that he can say her name he will come up to you and tattle on her. And although 95% of the time Addison is guilty of the crime he is accusing her of it is still something we would like to keep to a minimum. :) Other things Carter has been up to:
  • He loves to go under things while announcing "Under"
  • He can identify blue, green, red and pink
  • He is, once again, excited about sitting on the potty
  • He had a wonderful time playing with Uncle Mark and Aunt Grete and definitely misses them now that they are gone. The other day I asked him who he thought would be at Grandma's house and he said, "Mark?" It broke my heart to tell him that Mark wouldn't be there
  • He is starting to eat a little better but we are having to feed him. Not because he can't feed himself but because he gets so distracted by everything else he can't concentrate on eating...wonder where he gets that? ::cough:: Matt ::cough::
  • He loves to sing. Most of the time I have no idea the song he is singing or if he is just making things up. But everyone once in a while I see a fist pump, which means he is singing the Iowa Fight Song, or I will hear a "beep, beep, beep, all through town, which means he is singing Wheels on the Bus
  • He loves his Hayden and has started being more gentle with her. He will pet her and say "nice Hayden (or Haydee as Carter puts it)."
  • He said his first curse word. Thanks Grandma! We are all trying to curse less in the new year!
  • He now won't let Matt put him to bed he always asked for Mommy
  • His eyes may or may not be turning green ::tears:: His eyes were never the bright blue color like Addison but were a beautiful gray-blue and now I can't decide what color they are....sometimes they look green and other times they look blue. He will be handsome not matter what color they are but I would miss my Mr. Blue Eyes :)
  • His hair is getting out of control...again! Next haircut we will go a little shorter - I just don't have the heart to buzz it yet!
  • He calls blankets "blankees" now. I have no idea where he heard that from and I don't think it is a phrase I have ever used but he loves his blue blankee at grandma's house and his hawkeye blankee at our house
  • He remembers the strangest things. He often carries his milk around and leaves it in random places that we can't find...but he will and try to drink it. Gag! So I have always said, "No! That's yucky milk!" The other day he found a sippy cup (I shutter to think how long it has been around) and he handed it to me and said, "yucky milk." So cute! And he didn't try to drink it :)
  • He.never.sits.still....ever.
He is learning new things everyday and we are constantly amazed at everything he does. Love you Carter Man!


"Boys are meant for kisses and hugs,
For watching rainbows and catching bugs,
For sharing all of your favorite things,
For books to read and songs to sing."
- Unkown


No comments: