So here is what he has been up to:
- The man is busier than ever and definitely in his 'terrible twos' stage. He gets frustrated very quickly and can through quite a tantrum.
- When he is right, he is right. To be fair, he may get this from me but Carter will argue to the death if he thinks/knows he is right. Most of the time it is over very silly things. For instance, Carter knows the proper name of any and all construction equipment. To Addison however, everything is a 'bullbozer.' So one day my mom was driving them around and Addison says, 'there a bullbozer.' Although it wasn't a bulldozer it was an excavator. So Carter said, 'that not a bullbozer, that a excavator.' To which Addison yelled back, 'BULLBOZER!' Carter: 'EXCAVATOR' This went on for a couple minutes until Carter ended up in tears because he was so frustrated.
- He is very into doing puzzles and putting things together. But he also likes to 'be the teacher' so I often hear him asking me, 'where does this piece go? Here?' And then he purposively puts it in the wrong place to make sure I am paying attention.
- He has gotten so much better with his potty training! He continues to wear diapers for nap and bed time but hasn't had any drippes or accidents in over a month! (knock.on.wood) It is amazing the difference a couple months makes in terms of his ability to 'hold it'
- He has started talking in a crazy voice. I can't really describe it other than when he is a silly mood he changes the tone of his voice or speaks gibberish to us. He thinks it is hilarious!
- He has figured out how to open the back sliding glass door and now lets Hayden in and out.
- He likes to hold open the door to our gate for Matt and I when we come up the stairs
- He can gallop!
It wouldn't be an update if I didn't include Crazy Carter Man sayings:
What you say?
That's my favorite!
Phew! The spider is not blown up!
I'm happy. I'm not sad. I'm not angry to you. I'm a nice boy.
Green choice make you happy. Red choice make you mad.
Is that right?
One Sunday morning, Matt and I were still waking up and Carter was being a crazy man so I said, Carter, please play quietly.
His response?
I not be quiet. Baby Gus not here.
We are trying to break Carter's habit of whine/crying when he doesn't get his way by making him sit on the stairs until he is done. But now he just says (through tears), I'm happy now!
"It's not fair!" (then I get to use my mom's favorite rebuttal - life's not fair)
'Garbage truck. And cycle (recycle) truck.' - he knew the difference when we were driving to my parent's house
Just this morning, Carter was up around 6:15 (only about an hour early for him - ahem) and wanted me to read him a book. I did but in the middle of the story he heard a siren. He perked up, went running out his room and said, "I wake Daddy up. Daddy I hear a siren, come quick, come quick" - we can usually see the 'wee oos' from our back door so I know that is where he was running :)
We were watching Charlotte's Web and at the end I asked Carter what happened to Charlotte:
Carter: She got dead.
Me: Well, actually Carter she went to Heaven. Do you remember who else is in Heaven?
Carter: GG!
Me:That's right! What do you think she is doing in Heaven?
Carter: ...hmmm. Thinking about me!
I think that is exactly what she is doing in Heaven :)
"A child reminds us that playtime is an essential part of our daily routine." - Anonymous
No comments:
Post a Comment