It is upon us...Carter graduated from preschool today!! My goodness I was a mess of emotions but managed to keep it together :). Carter was so excited about his program although I don't know if he really realized what it means. He is so very ready for kindergarten and we are thrilled with the education he received at Redeemer but I am so sad! Mostly because of the what this means...we are moving onto a new season of life. Carter is beginning his school career and I know that these school years are going to fly even faster than the past 5 years and that scares me. He is no longer my baby or toddler or preschooler ~ he is my boy. A big boy, a kid! I just can't get over how that happened. I managed to hold it together throughout the graduation but almost lost it on the way to preschool in the morning knowing that it would be the last time I would be dropping him off and once during his program when the kids were singing a song about everything they learned in preschool. Seriously had to hold back tears and even now well up thinking about it. Becoming a mom has made me such a sap!
Being off of work for the past several months have made this transition easier and harder. I have LOVED being able to take Carter to school and pick him up everyday. To go and enjoy his field trips and not have to worry about rushing back to work. To hang out with him in the afternoon knowing that next year that he will be in school. But it is been harder because it has made me realize how much I missed working the past 5 years...
But enough about me and my crazy emotions! Today was a day that we celebrated Carter!! I know that some people think it is silly to have all these 'graduations' for kids moving from one grade to the next and it may be a little excessive but I really feel like this was worth celebrating. It is a big deal ~ kindergarten :). Carter had a great year at preschool and really thrived. He knows everything they want him to know letter, letter sounds, writing, etc. and he knows how to play well with others and listen and follow directions, which is just as important :). His class did a lot of fun things: went to the pumpkin patch, the food pantry, bowling and to the Iowa National Guard. He had a Christmas program and an art show. He enjoyed going to school each day and always entered with a smile on his face. I know that the excitement of school will extend to kindergarten and hopefully beyond!
Today was his graduation and he did great! Even though he was a stink again about taking pictures even though we talked about how I wanted to get a lot of pictures and he promised me he wouldn't pitch a fit. But part of that is me having an idea in my head of how things will go only to have him be a kid and do the opposite :). The very exciting part about graduation is that Matt's sister is in town so Auntie Lisa was able to attend!!
Without further ado my Carter Thomas!! Also, picture overload!
 |
| Last Day of Preschool |
 |
| Introducing himself |
 |
| Addison getting her cap |
 |
Friendship song
Addison getting her diploma |
 |
| The Graduate! |
 |
| Isla giving Carter a thumbs up |
 |
| Isla enjoying the bounce house |
 |
| Best buddies: Aidan and Carter |
 |
| With Great Grandma |
 |
| Hatz Fam |
 |
| Best Buddies: Max and Carter |
 |
| Reese and Carter |
 |
| Carter has said, 'Reese is like in love with me' |
 |
| With Papa Dave and Auntie Lisa |
 |
| With his teachers! |
 |
With Grandma Judy!
|
Such a fun day! Next stop Kindergarten!
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.
~ Dr. Seuss
No comments:
Post a Comment