Sunday, August 17, 2014

First Day of School ~ Kindergarten!!

Today was Carter's first day of kindergarten!  Carter had a great time and told me it was 'awesome!' I took him this morning but he rode the bus home. He scared me half to death because he was the last one on the bus so I thought he forgot to get on! Carter was very ready to start school and really excited about riding the bus. He said his favorite part of the day was recess :).



Obviously Carter did great. How do I do?! Much better than I thought! I have been dreaded this all summer. I was super excited for Carter but knew that this was a new phase in our life and it was the end of lazy afternoons and random trips to Target or the park. I don't do change well :). So I thought I would be balling by the time I dropped him off at school and I nearly lost it when I was taking Isla to Matt's parents house. I shed a couple of tears behind my big sunglasses but was determined not to let Carter see. Although excited to start school, he was also a little nervous asking to take Mr. Pig in the car on the way to school :). By the time we got to school, both Carter and I had settled down. Carter was very ready for me to leave class after several photo ops :).

Carter in the classroom
 
First day of school




Getting off the bus

I CANNOT believe my baby is in school. I just don't know where the past 5 years have gone. I have been so blessed to be home with him since January. Losing my job in January, although devastating, ended up being one of the best things to happen to me. I was able to spend the past several month of his preschool career with him ~ dropping him off, going to class functions without having to rush back to work and best of all having the whole summer before the start of school. I will forever be grateful for that time I was able to spend with him. Let School Days Begin!!

Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know.  ~Daniel J. Boorstin

No comments: