Was Baby #3 planned or a surprise?
Although it may seem crazy with me back in school, this baby was planned. I have had baby fever for awhile and I didn't want the kids to be too far apart so I didn't want to wait until I was done with school and just starting a new job. So I thought, 'hey, we should have an early summer baby!' Luckily, God seemed to agree because after several months of trying I got pregnant in early October. What was unforeseen was that BOTH of my sisters would get pregnant at the same time!! So 2006 was the year of the weddings and 2015 will be the year of the babies! The baby will put a slight pause in my school plans as I will be taking only 1 or two classes in the fall to help my mom with babies. :)
When are you due?
July 1st!! But since Carter and Isla were early I am hoping that Baby #3 follows suit. I have heard that third babies can be a wild card so I will probably go a week past my due date ;).
Are you finding out what you are having?
Nope. I actually thought that with the third we might find out and have a fun gender reveal party. However, I couldn't shake the feeling that I would be disappointed after finding out. Not in a the gender of the baby itself but I feel like I would miss the anticipation of finding out what we are having. Having a surprise baby isn't for everyone and I know that people like to find out the gender to plan on things and help connect with the baby but I just love not knowing! Also, this time more than any other we really do not have a preference of what gender the baby is. He/she is truly a bonus baby!
What does Big Brother and Big Sister think?
Carter is excited, I think, although the other day he said to me, "mom, I can't believe you are going to have another baby. I just can't believe it!" I do think he remembers what having a baby around means and isn't looking forward to all the crying :). He desperately wants a another baby sister. He initially wanted a brother but changed his tune. He is such a stinker, I was saying goodnight to him and I said 'you're my favorite boy.' This something that I say to both Carter and Isla (favorite girl, of course) because I could! But I said something like, if we have another boy I will have to say you're my favorite big brother. So he wants a sister so he can still be my favorite boy. Isla has no idea what is coming her way but does know that there is a baby in mommy's tummy. She usually ignores all requests of whether she wants a brother or a sister but I asked her the other night and she said 'boy.' So regardless, one will be happy and one will be sad :).
Other notables?
My body certainly remembered what it was doing I found out I was pregnant. My belly seriously popped out when I was 8 weeks old. It was ridiculous and I wish I would have gotten a picture because it was certainly hard to hide from the very beginning. My belly is large and in charge by the end of the day but is still kind of at the annoying 'just looking chubby' stage in the morning. I am in maternity pants already mostly because I just wasn't feeling the belly band this time around. And I figured this is my last time wearing maternity clothes so I might as well get as much wear out of them as possible.
Symptoms have been the same as with the previous two. Luckily, I didn't have any morning sickness and seemed to miss the extreme exhaustion that had accompanied my first trimester. Part of that is because the time when that usually made it's appearance, 8-12 weeks, was the last several weeks of my Fall semester including Finals week. Mind of matter was my motto and I just kept moving because I knew that if I stopped I wouldn't be able to start back up again. I first felt the baby move around 15 weeks and it felt like he/she was doing a complete somersault. Then I didn't feel anything for several weeks, which totally freaked me out! But the past week or so I have felt additional movements. Definitely the best part of being pregnant!!
I have had two appointments so far. One at ten weeks, complete with ultrasound, and another at 14 weeks. I opted out of the integrated screen this time mostly because it had to happen right before the first of the year and we weren't even close to hitting our deductible. I always liked having it done because it to took away some anxiety before the 20 week ultrasound but any information wouldn't change our minds about the baby so I skipped it this time to save some money :). The ultrasonographer confirmed only 1 baby on our initial 10 week scan. I was sort of panicked that it might be twins after my body started showing so soon. I completely freaked Matt out mentioning my worry before the appointment so he was happy when I texted him a picture of the baby with the words 'only one.' :) The baby's heartbeat was in the 150s, which is right in between where Carter (140s) and Isla's (160s) were at the same time. So no indication of gender - ha!
Some differences this time around? I am getting up in the middle of the night to use the restroom...already!! Fortunately, this doesn't happen every night but started happening shortly into my second trimester. So much earlier this time around!! I'm kind of craving alcohol this time around. Obviously, not indulging in anything but multiple times before announcing I was pregnant and out to dinner I had to stop myself from ordering a drink. Also, there is a mango Smirnoff in the refrigerator that I want to chug every time I open the fridge. This is so strange for me because I am NOT a big drinker even when I am not pregnant and honestly, not something I usually mind having to give up.
The one thing I am really looking forward to this time around is having some time off before the baby is born. I have always worked up to the day my previous two were born so it will be a nice change to have at least a month or so to enjoy my last days of pregnancy and our family of 4. It won't hurt that it will be May and the weather will be much warmer!!!
I think that is all for now...hopefully more from me soon!
"Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch." ~E.B. White

No comments:
Post a Comment