Friday, July 17, 2015

Brea ~ 1 Month!

Brea is one month old!! Time is a crazy thing because in some ways I can hardly believe that she is 1 month old while on the other hand I can't imagine our lives without her. Her first month of life has been pretty typical of a newborn. She was extremely sleepy the first 2 weeks, often sleeping between every feeding. I soaked that up because I knew that the fussiness was coming. And boy did it come!

Around 3 weeks old, Brea started having more awake time but was only happy when awake for about half the time and extremely fussy the other half. But now she is up a little longer and happy for more of the time. Evenings continue to be a fussy time for her. I thought her fussy time would be around 7 or 8 each evening but she has thrown me a curve ball and switched it up. While Isla's fussy time was like clockwork at 6 o'clock, Brea's is not consistent at all. Sometimes it is earlier in the evening while other times it is closer to 10 to midnight. That is not my favorite. She had some really tough nights where she was up between feedings in the middle of the night (not fun!). I don't remember either of the other kids having nights like that...but momnesia is a funny thing. :)

Other Notables:
  • She prefers to sleep on someone but will sleep independently if put down when she is in a deep sleep. So we will have to work on that before the fall.
  • Brea usually goes 2 - 3 hours between feedings depending on how well her nap goes.
  • She has a serious case of baby acne
  • Can be very loud!! Isla wins for my quietest baby...she almost always ate and then fell right back to sleep. Carter was the noisiest infant with grunts that would keep me up at night. Brea falls in the middle. Sometimes quiet like Isla while other times grunt-y like Carter was
  • She is a chunk and getting heavy...it will be interesting to see how much she weighs at her 2 month appointment
  • She had her first bath and hated it! But by the second bath, she tolerated it much better :)
  • She is growing out of her newborn diapers and we are using the last of the pack before moving her to size 1
  • There are times when Brea looks just like Carter (especially when crying). In general, I think she definitely has Carter's face shape and mouth/chin area but I think she has more of Isla's nose shape. While I am certainly not wishing her baby days away, I am excited to see what looks like in the coming months/years. Genetics are so cool!
It has been quite the month and we are so happy that Brea has completed our family. We love her so much!!

Brand New

First Week Home

Big Sister Kisses!

Squishy Baby Face

Baby Toes

First Bath ~ not a fan
A baby has a special way of adding joy in every single day.
- Author Unknown

No comments: