Current Nicknames: Chubby cheeks (Isla calls her this), Ba Ba Brea (also Isla), Goo-me Goo-me girl, Bree, Sassy
Likes: dancing, climbing up the stairs, shutting doors, climbing on/off the couch, getting into the bathroom drawers, opening up cabinets and emptying the contents, screaming at the top of her lungs
Dislikes: when anyone takes what she is playing with or takes back things she has stolen, when mommy takes her away from whatever mess she is making, sharing anything
Biggest Achievement of the Month: Playing Peek-a-boo by herself
Biggest Challenge of the Month: Naps and random crabbiness
Firsts: first time at Adventureland
Sleeping: Night time sleeping has been going well. She has short stints of crying before bed but other than that goes down without a fuss. She has been 'sleeping in' until 7:30 or 8 in the morning. Naps have been difficult recently. She has never slept well at my mom's house but has been clocking 2 to 2 1/2 hours at home. However, the past week her naps have been super short! An hour (maybe an hour and a half) and today 45 minutes (Blah!!!!). This wouldn't be that big of an issue EXCEPT she is so very crabby. I am hoping that it is her teeth and this will pass. Fingers crossed!!
Eating: Brea is a fairly good eater although she is getting pickier and is not shoveling away the amount of food she used to. Although you wouldn't know that looking at her belly :). She loves fruit, chicken, and carbs. She will eat other meats as well but doesn't like a lot of vegetables. She will throw food on the ground when she is done with it, which is certainly not my favorite thing. I am working on having her say/sign 'all done.' It continues to be a work-in-progress ;). Brea also likes to stand up in her seat when she is done eating. I cannot take my eyes off this girl for a second!
Personality: Brea is going to have a big personality! She is crazy but has such a temper!! Oh my! She screams at the top of her lungs when something doesn't go her way! And in Brea's mind that happens quite a bit. She throws herself in a temper tantrum when she feels she has been wronged. She is full of personality with a mega-watt smile. She is definitely going to be the dominate one of the three littles and will probably make Nora and Jake cry on a daily basis.
She is trouble, trouble, trouble! She is constantly getting into things, climbing on things she shouldn't, or trying to go head first off the side of the couch. We NEVER had to put child locks on our cabinets with the other two kids. They just were not needed. Things may need to change with Miss Brea! She loves to get into the bathroom cabinet and pull out all the toothbrushes. This problem can be solved by shutting the bathroom door. HOWEVER, I have two children that do not always follow this rule. She also likes to get into our liquor cabinet in the kitchen. For whatever reason, her baby bottles ended up in there after she was done with them. So for awhile she just pulled all of those out to play with them. No harm, no foul. But the other day we saw her get out a liquor bottle. Next thing we knew she somehow got the cap off and was about to take a big swig!! Oh my! You cannot take your eyes of this girl for a second!
She is generally happy. But the past week or so she has not been happy throughout the day. Usually Brea is content playing by herself but the past week has wanted me to hold her (standing up) for most of the afternoon. I have been getting a lot of use out of my Boba carrier! Again, I am hoping this is a teeth combined with no nap situation that will resolve itself soon!
She does not like to share! Just when I thought no one could mess with Isla...Brea is proving me wrong. Brea has on more than one occasion stolen something that Isla has had in her hands. Usually it is her toys or milk.
The Superficial: She is my little chunky monkey!! She has chub in all the right places. Chubby cheeks, chubby tummy, and chubby legs. Her hair is coming in but is not long enough to do anything with. This is fine by me because I think it keeps her looking like a 'baby' longer vs. a toddler (?!). She still has bright blue eyes. Brea is wearing size 3 diapers and 12 month clothes.
Teeth: Still 4! I was beginning to wonder if her other teeth were ever going to come in...I believe the other two kids had a mouthful of teeth at this point ( I know for sure Carter did). But I was looking in her mouth today and I saw at least one tooth trying to pop through next to her right front tooth. She didn't hold still long enough to see if anymore are coming in.
Motor Milestones: Brea continues to crawl extremely fast, pull up on everything, stands independently, cruise furniture, and climb on all the things. She has taken baby steps from the couch to Matt but other than that does not seem to have an interest in walking. Most days this does not bother me at all because I can still call her my baby. However, there are times when I just wish she would walk. Like when we are at the pool or a park but Brea is just perfectly content crawling. She did start walking behind Carter's old fire truck walker, which I haven't seen her do before. Knowing my Brea she will just decide one day to walk and go for it!
She loves to climb on everything. She climbs up the stairs super fast. Sometimes she is quiet just for a second and I don't know where she is and I hear a door shut and know that she has crawled upstairs and shut either our bedroom door or Carter's. The other day she did that and Matt looked at me and said, "what was that?" I told him Brea and he couldn't believe how fast she got upstairs! She loves to crawl onto the couch and today she tried to crawl out of the bath tub! Fortunately, she knows how to crawl off the couch and down the stairs.
She waves and will blow sloppy kisses. I haven't seen her point yet however. She knows where her head and tummy are and will pat the body parts when you ask. She started playing peek-a-boo. She will cover her eyes when I ask 'where's Brea?' and uncover them when I say 'there she is!' So adorable! Although I made the mistake of trying her to do this on video when she promptly threw a temper tantrum.
Language: Brea jabbers quite a bit. She also said her first 'real' word....ball! She screams it every time she sees a ball. She also says mom, dad, dog, and meow (for cat). She will try to repeat the things we say to her although rarely does it sound anything close.

No comments:
Post a Comment