Nickname(s): Goo-me, Sassy, Sissy, Brea Tortilla
Biggest Achievement: Figured out how to open doors!
Biggest Challenge: Figured out how to open doors! To be fair, this is my biggest challenge :). She can now open the bathroom door and we find toothbrushes and tubes of toothpaste all over the house. She opens the basement door and can crawl down to the basement by herself. This is less of an issue now that we made the bigger kids clean up all the small toys down there so Brea can now enjoy playing in the basement with her siblings. She also opens the pantry door and helps herself to whatever is on the shelves. This girl is into EVERYTHING!! I just do not remember the other two kids doing this but my guess is if I go back and read their blog entries similar information may be there...momnesia at its finest :).
Likes: Getting into everything, emptying the spinner at my mom's house, carrying toothbrushes around the house, her babies, dancing, and getting her way
Dislikes: The car seat, eating, not getting her way, and being told no
Eating: She has definitely entering the 'I won't eat anything' stage. She just isn't interesting in much these days especially at lunch time. She LOVES to snack of course and wants to eat her snack around the same time Carter gets his snack after school. She likes carbs, fruits, and sweets and barely tolerates meat and vegetables. I know this is a phase so I don't stress about it too much. She does seem to be drinking more and drinks both milk and water equally. My other two kids never really liked water preferring milk instead. But Brea is content with either.
We are still nursing in the morning and sometimes at night. She has 'requested' milk some afternoons when seems particularly crabby. She doesn't nurse that long during any of these sessions and now has a side preference.
Sleeping: Brea's sleep has remained consistent these past several months. Bedtime is great. Naps at grandma's are about an hour....naps at home are usually much longer. Rinse and repeat :).
The Superficial: Brea is adorable :). She reminds me a lot of baby/toddler Carter although people do mention that she looks like her sister. I do not see this resemblance at all. Brea does look a lot like I did as a baby so I finally have one that looks like me :). Her hair is starting to become a mullet. The back is growing but so far the top and sides have not so there isn't much I can 'do' with it. Brea has the chubbiest cheeks and widest smile. But one of my favorite smiles she has is her closed mouth one...she just looks so cute. Her eyes are still very blue and her body remains chubby, which I love. Nothing cuter than that!! She is still in size 3 diapers, wears 12-18 month clothes, and size 5 shoes.
Personality: This girl has got quite the personality! She is just full of emotions and you can usually see it on her face. She has a sweet face, a stinker/naughty face, and one heck of a 'stink eye'! She is usually very happy but has quite the temper when she doesn't get her way. She is the leader of the 'baby pack and that's the way she likes it. She and Jake butt heads the most because he doesn't back down to her while Nora just lets Brea get away with almost anything.
She is not shy with other people and will let almost anyone hold her. She does have quite the temper and isn't shy about throwing a tantrum if she is angry about something. It is really hard to one you know! :)
| Sometimes you have to have a tantrum right in the middle of the sidewalk! |
Teeth: Brea has definitely been teething this month. Very drooly! She has two new bottom teeth to show for it. Making a total of 12 teeth!
Language: Brea still loves to jabber but is gaining more words each day. She is very much a mimic so tries to repeat almost everything we say. I am probably forgetting a lot of words but below are a few new ones she has said.
- 'I see Zazzy'
- Mole (I have a mole on my hair that she always loves to press while I am holding her)
- Ducky
- What (she now uses this to answer me. I'll say 'Brea' and she responds 'what'
- Nose
- Kitty
- Uh Oh
- Baby
- Bubbles
Other Notables:
She still loves to play pretend. She loves being able to play in the basement and play in the kitchen set. She will point out her body parts. She knows her belly, booty, nose, mouth, head, hands, feet, and sometimes her eyes. She likes to 'draw' and will find anything to write with. Unfortunately, she has gotten a hold of markers but she will also try to eat crayons and chalk. She loves to get into the cabinet under our kitchen sink and carrying around our cleaning supplies so for Christmas we bought her some toy ones that I hope she likes :).
Brea is such a mimic and will copy us in most things. Carter, Matt, & Isla have been playing rock. paper, scissors this past month so now when they play, Brea runs up pounding her fist in her hand and shouting like she is playing :)
Brea is such a mimic and will copy us in most things. Carter, Matt, & Isla have been playing rock. paper, scissors this past month so now when they play, Brea runs up pounding her fist in her hand and shouting like she is playing :)

No comments:
Post a Comment