Nickname(s): Baby Brea, Sassy Lassy, Stinker Minker, Sass, Bea
Likes: Snacking all day long, getting into our pantry, playing outside, playing with her siblings, her baby dolls, and her mama
Dislikes: Sharing, being told no, not getting what she wants, and keeping her shoes on
Eating: Same old, same old here. She enjoys snacking but is hit or miss at meal times. Some days she just doesn't have the patience to sit down and eat. Other evenings, she happily sits and eats what is served. She loves yogurt and will demand it once she sees it in the fridge. I don't let her eat it by herself anymore because she makes a big mess...luckily she has been letting me feed it to her (knock on wood). She still enjoys the cheering and will cheer for herself after eating if no one will do it for her - ha!. She drinks chocolate milk and water mostly but likes to request juice. She is not a terrible eater but not a great one either. Blah...just not fighting this fight.
Still nursing with a goal to stop at 2. :)
Sleeping: Sleeping has been pretty good! Putting her down before bed has become one of my favorite things and I never thought I would say that! Bedtime was always such a fight with Brea. Nothing worked other than just laying her down and having her cry for a couple minutes before she fell asleep. I would always dread this time of day especially when she went through the stage where she would stand up and scream/cry out for me from her crib. Putting her down is so much more peaceful now even when there are occasional tears. She requests 2 songs Twinkle, Twinkle and Sun (You are my Sunshine). She lays her head on my left shoulder and sings/drools on me while I sing her songs. I lay her down in her crib and she requests 'light' (her nightlight) and I leave the room with her content in her crib. Some nights, I think she plays up there quietly by herself while others she probably goes right to sleep. It is so nice! She goes down for bed between 7:30 - 8:00 and gets up around 7ish. It is really quite lovely. :)
Naps are pretty good. Most days she is the 'loser' of the babies and gets up first but has been the 'winner' several times this month :).
The Superficial: So adorable! Girlfriend almost always has a smile on her face but has absolutely no poker face. Her feelings are always written all over her face and she can give one mean stink eye. Her eyes remain blue and her hair is still light and getting longer. I haven't been putting it up because she keeps ripping out her hair tie including some hair. It doesn't look too bad all the way down but after nap she can have a big rats nest in the back. She has got some chub on her, which I just love. She is wearing 24 month/2T clothes.
Personality: She may be a little girl but she has one big personality!! She is getting more vocal by the day so almost always know what she wants or how she is feeling (for better or worse!). I joke that we are in for it with Brea. Carter has a bit of a temper but isn't too stubborn while Isla is very stubborn but doesn't have much of a temper...Brea has both!! :)
Words: Brea definitely reminds me of Carter when it comes to the speaking department. Girlfriend doesn't not shut up and repeats everything! So I need to be really careful with my words :). I have caught her saying 'darn it' when she drops something on the floor or if things aren't going her way. She also started answering with 'ok' when I ask her a question... I love when really little kids start using the vernacular/slang of older kids it sounds so strange :).
"Where's other baby? I don't know."
"What happened?"
Other Notables: She is gets really obsessive when she gets hurts. She pinched her hand in our pantry door (natural consequence Miss Brea) and had a little blood blister on her hand. She showed EVERYONE her hand and waited for them to fawn over her owie. She finally noticed today that it wasn't there and showed her hand to me and said, 'all gone.'
Very concerned when she or anyone else gets hurt. She hurt herself the other day and said, 'what happened Bea?' when no one else asked how she was. She really likes when people make a big deal over her and really milks it when she gets hurt. :)
Life is never dull with our Brea and while there are certainly frustrating times, we wouldn't have it any other way!


No comments:
Post a Comment