Monday, September 20, 2010

What's Going On?!

A whole lotta nothing! We had a nice relaxing weekend and were able to just hang out and enjoy each others company. Saturday, Matt watched Carter while I went to Bootcamp. They made the first (of many I'm sure) trip to Lowe's to look for a new garage and storm doors. Matt said Carter was very well-behaved and Matt told him that they would be making many trips like this in years to come :).

Side note: for those that don't know, we  made the decision to reside our house. After our first quote, which was over my "scary" number we talked ourselves out of it. But when the second quote came in $1,200 higher we reconsidered and decided to take the plunge! But with making the decision for new siding all these other things that we need to buy are popping up. Like, a new garage door, a new storm door, new lights, a new mail box, etc... But I KNOW that our house will look so much better with all these improvements. Goodbye yellow! Hello "Bettendorf Beige!" :)

Anyway, the rest of the day was spent hanging out at Grandma Judy's and waiting for the Iowa game to start. Ugh! We waited all day for that game - so disappointing! I stayed up for the entire thing although with about 8 minutes to go it looked like we had a chance but after it was over I wished I would have just called it a night a 10 :).  Thankfully, Carter slept in until 9 am!

Sunday was definitely a lazy day with football and shopping and napping (for Carter at least). We also had a belated birthday dinner for my grandma (Great Grandma Jeannie for Carter and Addison)! After dinner we were home and Carter was being even cuter than normal and he hadn't pulled out any of his toys to play with yet. So I decided it was time to "retire" some of his old toys and bring out the new ones that have been in the basement - since his birthday. He was so excited and helped daddy put together his Little People garage by handing him the screw driver when daddy needed it. It.was.too.cute! He loves it and it was the last thing he played with before bed and the first thing he played with when he woke up. Thanks Auntie Jo!

We do have a fairly busy weekend planned although most of it will happen around town...
Thursday: Bettendorf Homecoming Parade
Friday day: Mommy has the day off!
Friday night: Bettendorf Homecoming Game
Saturday: Hawks Game!
Saturday night: Matt's 10 year reunion!! Holy cow we are old :)

"Where there is love there is life." -Indira Gandhi


No comments: