Thursday, December 16, 2010

Carter Man Memories!

Carter Man is so fun these days!! He has such a big personality and it is amazing to watch him learn the world around him and be able to communicate that with others. The things he comes up with on a daily basis continue to amaze me. I just wanted to share a couple of fun stories that I don't want to forget...

He is repeating every.thing. Which is wonderful and scary all at the same time. The best phrase he just learned is "love you." Melts my heart everytime. My lease favorite phrase of his...."no, no, no, mommy" while shaking his finger at me. Wonder where he learned that? ::cough:: Grandma Judy ::cough::

He has started using a pillow at night. Matt and I didn't even realize he needed one - PARENTING FAIL! He usually is standing in his crib crying/calling for us in the morning but the other day we went in his room to wake him up and he was curled up at the top corner of his crib using his crib bumper as a pillow! Sweet man! I gave him a pillow to use for the first time last night and he went to bed with no crying! Cross your fingers that continues!

He is super smart (at least I think so!). He has been working with an old school shape sorter and the other day he picked a shape up and said, "oval." And it was an oval! Such a random first shape for him to learn :). Also, while at my mom's, he found a red hat that Matt had left behind. He noticed it on the counter and said, "Matt, Matt, where are you?" Awww! (and yes, he still calls him Matt)

He loves to wear his Elmo slippers! My sister bought him the cutest Elmo slippers and, at first, he hated them! But I forced  convinced him to put them on for the first time until he got used to them. Now! He hardly takes them off :). My mom said that he even asked for them we he got up from his nap the other day!

His best buddy is Miss Addison Marie! He really looks up to her and can be her little shadow. He will follow her anywhere, which can be a little scary! It is so fun to watch those two grow up together. They fight like siblings and even through the hitting, biting, non-sharing, taunting (from Addison), and crying (from Carter) they really do love each other.

Last night I had the privilege to see them really enjoy each other's company. My mom, Katie, Ryan, Jo and I went to Zion Lutheran Church (where Jo is gettin' married) to donate food and help with a dinner they provide to the less fortunate every third Wednesday of the month. Jo and I left early because she had to get to volleyball and I wanted to see Carter Man and rescue Matt from watching both kiddos! He said early in the evening he had to have a "talk" with Addison about not stealing the toys Carter was playing with but by the time I got there it was water under the bridge. They were laughing and chasing each other around the house. Addison would call out, "Tarter, where are you?" and would giggle when he found her :). They both were naughty by hitting the Christmas tree with a hockey stick (Carter) and a plastic golf club (Addison) until I took their toys weapons away. And then it was bath time!

Carter really needed a bath and I knew I couldn't just give him one so I took on the challenge of bathing them both! It was actually a lot of fun :). Carter splashed around like a maniac while screaming like a girl and Addison was just laughing at him and then would join in on the splashing. I did not leave that bathroom dry :). Then Addison did the sweetest thing! After I was done washing both of them, Addison found an empty travel-sized bottle of kids soup. She opened it and squeezed whatever was left on her hands. Then she reached over and washed Carter's chest and said, "Addison wash Tarter." She is such a little mommy! Then she got a little annoyed that he kept moving when she tried to do it again and again :). It was too cute and I was so happy that I got to see them play together and get along because it is normally the bickering, taunting and fighting - ha!

I could really go on all day about how great Carter is and all the new things he is learning but I think I will stop for now :). I just wish time would slow down!

"Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn't music." ~William Stafford

No comments: