Saturday was bootcamp in the morning, then watching some of the Hawks before we were off to Jason and Jessica's baby shower. The shower was at Crow Creek park so Carter had fun playing with his friends Gavin and Mia on the baseball field. Fun and messy! Carter loved crawling through the field and making a road with his hands - silly guy! He definitely need a change of clothes when we got home.
After the party, we headed home for a late nap before going to the Graham's for the UFC fights. Carter was SO excited to see Gavin twice in one day. It was really funny though because both times I told him we were going to see Gavin he replied, "but it not dark out." To be fair, we usually go over to see Gavin for a fire so it is usually night time. So I had to remind Carter that we could see Gavin during the day too :).
Sunday morning, my mom, Katie and I took Addison and Carter to see The Lion King. Carter did really well when we went to see Cars 2 but I got the feeling he was a little disappointed because he was expecting to see the Cars movie he knows. So when The Lion King was re-released I thought it was perfect...He loved it! For the most part, he sat nicely and watched the movie while snacking on popcorn and fruit snacks. He did get up once to use the restroom and got a little restless toward the end. I blame it on the 20 minute of previews he had to sit through :).
After the movie, we went back to my parent's house for some lunch. Gus was over and not a happy camper :(. His diaper was dirty so I decided to change him. A couple things I forgot about changing little babies diapers: how little their little bottoms are and that little boys can spray you if your not careful....I was not careful. Matt and I ran back to our house to get another swaddle blanket for Gus and when we came back we found out that Gus already fell asleep and Cory put Carter down for a nap - so cute! Carter fell asleep sitting with his buddy Cory and I missed it :(.
Once Carter got up from his nap, we headed over to The Fountains for their annual Fall Festival complete with petting zoo, games and bounce house. Carter LOVED it! He jumped in the bounce house but also went through the bounce obstacle course. He loved the petting zoo and feed the farm animals 4 times. His favorite animal was the little pig of course! Addison woke up from her nap with a fever so missed all the fun :(. My mom did sneak some desserts home for her to have when she felt better. We can't wait until next year!

"The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend." ~Chuck Palahniuk
No comments:
Post a Comment