Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend in Review: 9/16 - 9/18

If I only had two words to describe this weekend they would be: Excitement and Football :).

I had to leave work early on Friday afternoon so I could be home by 4 to watch the kiddos as my mom and dad were heading down to Burlington for my mom's high school reunion. So I had fun watching Carter and Addison as they played their new favorite game Monsters! Which is basically them screaming and running and hiding from the 'monsters' under one of my parent's many beds. They are so silly!

Anyway, Friday night Matt and I had plans to go to the Bettendorf vs. PV game but our plans changed when we discovered that Katie was being sent to the hospital due to her high blood pressure. OMG! We thought Gus might be making an appearance so Jo and Cory came over to help with the kids and we had a nice take-out dinner from Applebees. By 7:30, Katie was being sent home from the hospital, with no Gus, so we all headed home. Addison had to ride in Auntie Jo's car and was.not.happy.about.it. But she survived :).

Saturday Matt and I dropped Carter off at his parent's house while we headed up to the Iowa game (we were meeting my parents there since they were driving back down to Burlington after the game). Since it was just the two of us we decided to take Matt's car, which meant Carter got to ride in it on the way to Papa Dave's house. He thought it was the best thing evah! Matt and I giggled on the way up to the game that his 'cool' car wasn't so cool with a car seat in the back :). Once in Iowa City, we met a guy Matt works with at his tailgate in the Kinnick lot. We had fun hanging outbefore the game and Matt had 4 beers in an hour so he was feelin' pretty good by the start of the game.

That feeling disappeared after 3 quarters of awful play by the Hawkeyes. I think the entire stadium was thinking, this is going to be a long year! Then the Hawks finally decided that they would rather not lose the game, got their act together and scored 3 touchdowns in the 4th quarter. W.O.W. It was amazing and I don't remember the last time I heard Kinnick that loud!! After what turned out to be a great game, Matt and I went to our favorite sub place before heading home. That is when we saw the S*#T on Pitt shirs on sale for $10 and we couldn't resist - ha!

Saturday evening we ate dinner with the Meyers (still no Gus) and Jo at the Filling Station so we saw Cory too! Sunday was fairly uneventful and rainy so we just watched all the NFL games at my parent's house while keeping an eye on Stat Tracker to see who was winning our Fantasy Football matchups.

Oh and we did get some exciting news.....Katie is being induced this morning!! So Gus will be here today!!! We can't wait!

"Weekends don't pay as well as weekdays but at least there's football." ~S.A. Sachs




No comments: