I have less than 100 days until New Baby arrives....I will pause for dramatic effect. This is so crazy that I just can't wrap my brain around it. I am starting to get really excited about meeting this new baby but all of the sudden it has hit me...I will have to be in labor and give birth again, I will have a newborn again, I will become a milk factory again. These are not necessarily bad things but are things that are a distant memory for me. Although I do remember birth being painful, having a newborn being overwhelming at times and breastfeeding being very demanding. I am up for it and know that it will be an adjustment but hope that I am much calmer this time around. Looking back I was so uptight with Carter because I didn't want to do anything wrong and wanted to do everything 'the book' said I should.
Anyway, I had my first slight hiccup with this pregnancy. I went in for my one hour glucose and blood test and thought everything was fine until the lab called. Knowing that 'no news is good news' I thought for sure I had failed my glucose test. Which wouldn't have been the end of the world but I was still bummed about it. So I was at work calling the lab back with one of my co-workers infamous pumpkin bar on my desk debating if I should eat it before finding out the results :). The good news is my blood sugar was fine!! No gestational diabetes for me! The not-so-good news is that my iron levels are low. Not crazy low (10.2) but lower than they want (10.5). So they called me in a prescription pre-natal vitamin and told me to also take an iron supplement. They will re-check my levels in about 4 weeks.
Our ultrasound went well. New baby was still curled pretty tightly but the tech was able to get the heart measurements and cord insertion information she needed. But no great pictures for us - we did get a close-up of the nose, which is cute but kind of random when it comes to ultrasound pictures. :) Heart beat was once again 162. When baby was done s/he just turned his/her body aware from us as if to say, 'no more pictures please.' I really hope this baby isn't as stubborn outside of the womb as s/he has been inside. :)
My appointment went well and the doctor measured my belly for the first time (have I mentioned that I am huge?!) I am actually measuring on track but still feel huge! After my next appointment in March I will start going every two weeks....again, I will pause for dramatic effect.
This is definitely the point in pregnancy, at least for me, that you know you are getting down to the wire. We still need get the nursery back together and maybe get some sleepers back from Katie. New baby's closet is empty! I also need to start making a list of things we have to do before new baby comes and things we will need when s/he comes home. Like packing my hospital bag and buying newborn diapers. Yikes! I should definitely get started.
Other pregnancy notables:
- I have still been feeling good...starting to get a little tired by the evening
- My belly button in still an 'innie' but getting flatter :)
- I have still been sleeping good and most nights don't even wake up to use the restroom! (crossing all crossables that this continues)
- My ankles have started to swell slightly but definitely not in cankle territory
- I continue to have either rib or middle back pain (both on my right side). It comes and goes. Some days it is terrible and others it isn't noticeable. This happened with Carter as well.
- New baby is pretty active so I am feeling a lot of kicks and s/he is big enough where I even will see my stomach bounce - so weird!
- I am still working out 3 times a week and definitely starting to get 'the looks' while I am there.
"Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch."
~ E.B. White, Charlotte's Web
No comments:
Post a Comment