Saturday, May 12, 2012

Carter Update!!

I can't forget to mention my first-born. There have been a lot of changes the past couple weeks and Carter has done very well. He was an angel the first couple of days we brought Isla home but then we have several days were he was less than perfect. We tried not to be so hard on him since a new baby is a big transition for him too. But he did have to learn patience and to follow direction and I am happy to say that he is doing so much better. He even is paying more attention to Miss Isla!! The other day he actually asked to hold her - a first!! He also talks to her and tell her that when she grows up they will play 'struction' (construction) together.

Other things Carter has been up to:
  • Grandma Judy bought him a Cars scooter and he is doing really well 'scootin' around
  • He calls his sunglassas 'goggles'
  • He is still working on putting his undies and pants on after going to the bathroom
  • He has pre-school round up next week!!
  • When he wants to get your attention he says, "I want to tell you something."
  • He has a new dance where he puts his hands on the ground and wiggles his bottom in the air...I have no idea where he got that!
  • He knows his left from his right
  • His memory continues to amaze us! We went to show off Isla at my dad's work and upon entering the building Carter said, "I got candy here in my Cars costume." He did do that...for Halloween
  • He knows cars. He always points out vans that look like ours and the other day we were driving and he said, "that looks like great grandma's car." And it was a Grand Prix just like my grandma's car! Considering who his dad is I am not surprised :)
  • Tanglefoot in under construction and Carter loves watching the all the 'struction' going on
  • He gets frustrated really easily and usually whine/cries at whatever is frustrating him and says, "it's not following my directions!" Now he knows how we feel - ha!
Carter Quotes:

"Hayden is the best dog in the world."

Showing me his new goggles daddy gave him..."I look cool. I look like a movie star."

"Sharing is caring." (note he only uses this phrase when someone won't share with him :) )

"That's a deal!" or "That's NOT a deal!" if it is something he doesn't want to do

"A boy is naturally full of humor." ~ Robert Baden-Powell



No comments: