Oh Carter! Where do I begin with you?! You are such a funny, active, and crazy little boy and we just love you to pieces! You have gotten more of an attitude lately, which (obviously) we don't care for. We are trying to manage it but man do 3 year olds have minds of their own! But the good thing is that your attitude can change on a dime so even though you have difficult days you also have really amazing days.
For instance, a couple weeks after Christmas where you were difficult. I don't know if it was the lack of routine or what but you were very bossy, giving me attitude, whiney and truth be told sometimes you were just a brat (yes, I said it). But then you flipped a switch and for several days you are totally sweet, speaking nicely to Daddy and me, following directions and using your manners. It was so nice!
A cute story: I had a migraine the other night and was in bed by 8 o'clock and you were coloring in the kitchen. From the bedroom, I heard you ask your dad if he could make an "L" for you. And I knew you were making something for me ~ so sweet!
You are so very smart! Almost too smart for your own good sometimes. You have started lying ~ not about big or important things but I have been trying to explain to you the importance of telling the truth. Then we let you and Addison watch Pinnochio since you both had never seen it. It came at a great time because telling the truth is a lesson in that story. So one evening I was feeding Isla and you had gotten a hold of her Sophie the giraffe, which is a great teething toy but squeaks like a dog toy so it is very annoying :). Here is what went down:
::squeak squeak::
Me: Carter, please stop squeaking Sophie
::squeak squeak::
::squeak squeak::
Me: Carter! Please stop squeaking!!
Carter: I wasn't squeaking.
Me: Carter, that is a lie and now your nose is growing.
Carter: No, it's not!
Me: You better go look in the mirror. Your nose is bigger!
Carter (while looking me straight in the eye): Mom, that's a lie.
What I said: You're right Carter.
What I thought: Well, crap.
Such a stinker!
You still talk about your farm a lot and I love that. You said that your farm is closed for winter so, according to you, we can't visit but we can still talk about it :).
You have been really into pretending your either a baby boxer puppy or a baby piglet lately. So strange!
You have also been really into your loveys lately. You found a new lovey at my mom's house ~ one of Katie's old stuffed animals. A dolphin, which is you named Dolphy. You also rediscovered your doggie that you used to need for naps at my mom's house. He is now at our house and his name is Spot. Another little white puppy dog also made his way over from my mom's. You call him Hot. Your new thing is to go to the Pet Store (ie your room) and buy an animal and bring it out into the family room. On any given evening we have at least 10 stuffed animals joining us.
![]() |
| Working with Dolphy |
You can be so sweet with Miss Isla and love to take a bath with her. But we do have to remind you to be gentle. I don't think you intentionally rough with her you just don't know the power you have compared to her size. You really love that girl. It is funny because any time Isla is crabby my mom and I joke that we are going to throw her in the garbage and you always protest!
![]() |
| Bath Time! |
You love to do anything your dad does. You two have become such buddies! The big thing right now is you love to help your daddy cook. Most nights pulling up a chair beside him to help.You also like Daddy to put you to bed most nights. I'm getting used to hearing, 'I want Daddy' or No Mom! I asked Daddy to do it."
Daddy has been watching Gator Boys on TV so now that is your favorite show! You always request to watch it and say, "I'm a Gator Boy!" You even pretend your T Rex is a gator and capture him by pretending to jump on his back ~ gator boy style. It is really funny. :)
You love to eat while sitting on the counter. Very random. But you can climb up there yourself with the help of your step stool and you think you are so very cool. Whatever works!
Some days you take a nap and some days you don't. Generally when you don't take a nap you fall asleep very early in the evening...no matter where you are.
Carter Quotables:
This hat is perfect for me!
Carter: I'm the greatest!
Me: "What did you say?"
Carter: "Nothing"
'We just got rid of the snow...now it is back.'
'I have to use my angry face to push the poop out!'
'Hey Dad! I remembered your words!' - After waking up at 6 am for several days in a row, Matt told hime he had to stay in his room until we came and got him.
'Well...I don't play with this anymore so I'm gonna give it to Isla. Well...I still play with this so I'm gonna give it to myself.'
'Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie — not perfect but who's complaining?' ~Robert Brault




No comments:
Post a Comment