Likes: Crawling up the stairs, pulling up on everything, playing in Hayden's water bowl, 'falling off the bed' game with grandma, and crawling around in the bath tub. You also learned how to shut doors and you LOVE to do that especially when I am on the other side. Probably practicing for your teenage years! ::sigh::
![]() |
| Naughty Face! Getting into the water bowl! |
Dislikes: Colds, the bulb syrienge, mommy wiping snotties off her nose/face, getting pajamas on after bath
Biggest Achievement this Month: Taking a couple of steps behind a walker!
Biggest Challenge this Month: You got a nasty cold that, you guessed it, led to a crabby Isla for a couple of days. Poor thing was so stuffed up it was hard for her to sleep, even with the frog humidifier and propping up her mattress to an incline. She is powering through but definitely had a rough couple of days.
Sleep: Has been pretty good. You rarely wake up in the middle of the night and get up anywhere from 5:30 - 6:45 in the morning. You generally go down for the night between 7 - 7:30. Your naps are the usual anywhere between 45 minutes and an hour and a half ~ rarely longer. Although you did clock in a 2.5 hour nap at Grandma Judy's while you where battling your cold.
Some nights you are swaddled while other nights you are asleep when I put you down and don't need to be. While I do swaddle you, it isn't the super tight burritto version like when you were an infant. You always get out of the swaddle and flip on your belly so the blanket falls from your waist down. But it is something that you need if I put you to bed while you are drowsy but still awake. Something about the security of the blanket helps you know it is time for bed. Also, if I don't do that you end up sitting up in about half a second :).
Eating: You still love to eat and now like to feed yourself more often ~ especially puff and yogurt melts. You are getting Stage 3 baby food now and there are so many fun options to choose from. You haven't really found much that you don't like. Turkey and vegetables isn't your favorite but will do. We are starting to introduce more finger foods to you as well. You can pretty much eat whatever we are eating now except for eggs, honey, chocolate and peanut butter.
We still nurse and supplement with formula when needed. Just the other evening Grandma Judy made the comment that soon we will start weaning formula and move you to whole milk and I can't believe that milestone is closing in! You nurse fairly efficiently, generally not taking longer than 10 minutes to eat. In the evenings though you will nurse longer but I think most of that is for comfort before bed. There are still times you will fall asleep while nursing and I will just hold you and I love that. Nothing looks as sweet as a peacefully sleeping baby in your arms.
![]() |
| Enjoying some grub! |
Personality/Temperment: You are still a happy camper most of the time. Your 'witching hour' is between 4 and 5 pm when you are a mix between tired and hungry. But other than that, you are not nearly as crabby as before :). You like to play with the big kids so they keep you entertained. Addison just adores you and calls you my Isla Cakes and makes sure to introduce you to everyone. The other day she picked you up and put you in her lap and sang 'rock-a-bye baby' to you. You did cry the whole time but let Miss Addison finish the lullaby before rescuing you ~ it was just too sweet.
![]() |
| Best Buddies! |
You are tough! Tougher than Carter even! Which to be fair isn't that hard (oh Carter Thomas). Grandma Judy said you tried to pull up on a tub of toys and flipped over it! She waited for you to cry but you didn't! You just got up and looked around. Such a big girl!
You also will stand up for yourself. You and Gus have gotten in a couple of 'fights' over toys lately. He will take something away from you and now you grab it right back! My mom said you both babble at each other as if you are yelling at one another...too funny!
Same as last month: You are still VERY loud and will squawk and/or scream when you don't get your way. Such a stink!
The Superficial: Still a little sweet heart. You especially look small while crawling, standing by our bay window and at the bath tub. You can still wear size 1 diapers but have worn size 2 as well. Your size 3-6 month jeans are finally getting to short for you but the waist is still huge. You mostly wear 6-9 month clothes and smaller size onesies. You have the tiniest feet and I bought you a size 1 shoe for your Easter dress (hopefully you don't have a growth spurt before then).
Mommy still styles your hair as a mowhawk but with the winter static and hats it doesn't stay as nicely. Your hair is getting very light and the brown is turning to blonde. Your hair is also still baby fine.
Still no teeth but I have started to see them under the gums on the bottom and on the top! You will probably get them all at once!
![]() |
| 9 Month Pictures ~ So pretty! |
Firsts: Transferring from objects while still standing - coincidentally the same location your brother did; from the tub to the toilet in the bathroom. First time pooping in the potty! Okay so there is a story to this :). No my 10 month old is NOT potty training but she was making her 'bathroom noises' while in the tub and I quickly picked her up and put her on the pot. She totally pooped in the toilet and looked crazy 'sitting' on it (I was holding her obviously). She did manage to get a few poopies in the tub as well so definitely not a success but luckily I was done bathing her :).
Just starting (within the last couple of days) to cruise along furniture. And you are getting sturdier while standing. I will have you stand when I change your clothes and I have noticed that you are not holding on to me as tight and your legs are not as wobbly. Definitely not standing independently but getting started!
Motor Milestones: You are still babbling a ton ~ 'na na na' and 'da da da' are your favorite but I swear I heard a 'ma ma ma' the other day :). You will still wave, sign more and put your hand in the air for Up! but not consistently and, of course, not when we want to show off your skills.
You have been going from crawling to sitting and back successfully for a while now ~ maybe even last month but I didn't write it down. You learned to crawl up the stairs and it is now your favorite thing to do! Grandma Judy blocked your way up the stairs the other day and you were NOT happy about it. You definitely still need someone behind you to make sure that you don't fall but you look like such a big girl crawling up those stairs!
As mentioned above, on 2/19, you took your first steps (6) behind a walker. Uncle Cory bought Addison a Winnie the Pooh walker for Christmas several years ago and has been a favorite for all of the kids! You look crazy standing up shuffling behind the walker ~ you are barely taller than the handle!
Current Nicknames (same as last month): Schmila, Schmook, Schmookers, Baby Cakes, Isla Cakes and Bug
Little Sister & Big Brother: After reading back on Carter's 10 month post, I did notice some similarities. Isla is also in the stage where everything is going in her mouth and will beg for food like dog. In fact, the other evening Carter took the puff container and was shaking it down the hall and Isla was following him. I found them both in his room and Carter had opened the puff container and was feeding Isla some puffs. He looked at me and said, "I'm pretending Isla is my puppy!" Both were starting to transfer from objects that were close in proximity. Carter was starting to dance, which I haven't noticed Isla doing yet although she does get on her hands and knees and rock but she is not trying to crawl. Carter was also much bigger ~ starting to wear 12 month clothing. Isla is not even close to that!
![]() |
| Anything cuter than a big bow on a little baby?! Nope! |
"Daughter are angels sent from above to fill our heart with unending love." ~ J.Lee






No comments:
Post a Comment