Friday, August 9, 2013

A Look Back...


It never ceases to amaze me how fast kids grow and change. Since I see Carter and Isla everyday sometimes I don't notice how much their looks have changed. I remember that when Carter was around Isla's age I did a 12 month vs. 15 month comparison and I couldn't believe how much he had 'grown up' in a short few months. Photographic proof below:


12 vs 15 Months
It's like he went from a little baby face to a toddler boy! And, of course, he looks so much older now that it seems ridiculous to think I thought he looked so old in the picture on the left. But at the time it really knocked the wind out of me because my little baby was growing up...

So I thought it would be fun to do the same comparison for my Isla Cakes. And the results are similar:

12 vs 15
12 vs 15 Months
My little baby looking like a little girl. Both her hair and legs have gotten so long!! Also I would like to point out that the picture on the right was taken in the month of July and the sweatshirt was needed! Crazy Iowa weather! I always thought that after the first year the changes in their features slow down but they don't. I love watching them change but sure do miss those baby faces!


"Every cliche about kids is true; they grow up so quickly, you blink and they're gone, and you have to spend the time with them now. But that's a joy." ~Liam Neeson


No comments: