Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!

The week of New Year's pretty much followed the same schedule as Christmas. I took Monday off and had a nice {long} 5 day weekend! Days were filled with working out in the morning and hanging out with the family in the afternoon.

Highlights!
The Saturday after Christmas we finally had some warmer weather!! Matt and Carter took advantage by going to Snow Star with some neighbors and tubing! Carter had never been before and was a little bit nervous at first especially because he had to go down the hill by himself. But after the first couple of times he really enjoyed it!

In his words:
"First I had to use a little, green tube and I did NOT like it. But then I switched to a big, blue tube like my dad and I liked it! I road the magic carpet up the hill!'

Tubing with dad
With Dad!

Magic carpet
Magic Carpet!
 

Untitled
On the disliked green tube ;)
Untitled
Done for the day!
On New Year's Eve, my mom offered to let ALL of the kids stay over for a sleep over!! A first for Miss  Isla! We hung out at my parent's house with family friends the Schoenings and the Osborns. The kids loved blowing the horns and my mom and I had a great idea to let them use silly string! How did we forget what a mess that makes. Also, I was showing Carter how to use it and got him right in the face....predictably tears followed ;).

Happy New  Year!


Untitled
Partied Out

After the kids went to sleep, the adults played 'The Paper Game.' Which is basically like telephone except you have to draw! You write a sentence/statement down on a piece of paper and pass it to the person next to you, they have to draw what you wrote, then the next person has to guess what the drawing was saying. After everyone is done guessing/drawing, you go through and see how different the statement is from the original. For instance, our friend Sue used the phrase 'You are  my sunshine.' By the time it got to me the statement I had to draw was 'a woman singing while giving birth.' Ha! This is one game that certainly gets more fun the more you drink ;).

Matt and I called it a night around 10:30ish and were home to watch the ball drop live (11 pm our time). That was good enough for us and we called it a night!

The next day was the Iowa game at my parent's house. Everyone was a little grumpy due to lack of sleep and lack of Iowa's offense :). We relaxed the rest of the day and grazed on way to much food. Then it was back to work on Thursday :(.

Untitled
Our Little Hawkeyes!
I love the holidays but it sure makes going back to 'normal' difficult. We had a great 2013...here's to 2014!

Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.”
 — Oprah Winfrey

No comments: