I am trying to summarize the happenings of the last couple of months but for now....kid updates!
Carter Thomas!
- Carter lost his super tooth. For those that don't know two of his baby teeth grew together as one forming a super tooth. Not that unusual and he had x-rays at the dentist and he does have all of his permanent teeth. His new teeth are coming in and it doesn't look good :). Saving for braces as we speak.
- Has a birthday coming up this week!! Big man is going to be 6! I cannot believe that he is going to be 6...definitely bittersweet for me. As most of his birthday are I suppose. I really enjoyed the age of 5 ~ he was sort of a big kid but still sort of a baby.
- He likes writing stories and does a pretty good job sounding out all the words by himself.
- Carter finally learned his phone number and we are still working on tying his shoes. These were the two areas of 'needs improvement' on his report card. It didn't even occur to Matt and I to have Carter learn a phone number since we only have cell phones. Parenting Fail! Mr. Numbers had it down in a couple of days.
- Carter got an excellent report from conferences and he is basically where they want them to be by the end of the year...it is crazy to think that his kindergarten year is almost over!
- Apparently all the girls in his class like him, at least according to Carter :). Matt told him at the beginning of the year that the nice boys get all the pretty girls. He was having 'girl problems' one week when he wanted to sit by his friend Reagan at lunch but Maya always sat down next to him (I know! The drama!) So he came home and said, "You were right dad...now all the girls are in love with me. I shouldn't have listened to you." Ha!
- He is happy to be riding his bike in the recent nice weather and enjoying the neighborhood kids that are out and about. Many are in his class from school so he has a lot of new playmates
- He can still can get whiny and cry so we are working on that because what was once cute at 3 is no longer cute at almost 6
- Also working on being a good sport...this is another area that Carter reminds me so much of my brother :). He loves to win! The other day, my mom, Addison and Carter were playing Trouble. Addison was ahead and Carter wanted to quit. My mom wouldn't let him and he ended up winning! I have had several conversations with him about how we don't always win but we keep on trying.
- Signed up for soccer and may sign up for tee ball, golf and possibly tennis. So it begins...
The things he says:
Carter doesn't really like toothpaste so I only put a little on his tooth brush. The other day I was in the bathroom with him as he was brushing his teeth and I noticed that he would put his toothbrush in his mouth and then spit out all the toothpaste before actually brushing his teeth. I reminded him that he needs to have at least a little toothpaste on his brush. Well, he got all upset about that and stomped off and said, "Why is there even this in life!"
After his sister asked him to retrieve her beloved Wolfie, "Mom! Abraham Lincoln wants slaves to be free and Isla wants me to be her slave!"
Isla wanted to have something of Carter's...I can't remember what it was but it was blue. Isla's been reading a book "Penny Loves Pink" and Isla does love pink so Carter couldn't put his head around the fact that she wanted something blue so he said, "Remember Penny Loves Pink? Some people really love pink! That book is not fiction!"
"Kids are going to do what kids are going to do...it's in our nature."
 |
| Mr. Pig Goes to Kindergarten! |
 |
| Artwork was displayed at Peachwave |
 |
| Cool dude! |
 |
| Sleepy on a snow day |
 |
| This just isn't right.... |
 |
| Writing out his Valentines! |
Isla Elizabeth!
- Isla has finally attached herself to a lovey. We went up to Wisconsin Dells in January with my parents, the Meyers and the Tiemeiers. We stayed at Great Wolf Lodge and my mom let the kids pick something out the gift shop. Tierney talked Isla into a little purple wolf. Now she is obsessed with her Wolfie. So much so, that her wolf is already looking a little rough and she takes her everywhere! And we have definitely had to make trips back to my mom's house and the Meyer's house to retrieve Wolfie after Isla forgot her.
- She loves band aids and makes up 'boo boos' just so she can put some on.
- Isla wants to give Carter kisses every night before bed. Carter does not liked to be kissed because of drool and we battled this for several nights until I made him give her a body part to kiss. So, every night, Isla kisses Carter's hand (or foot).
- She always asks me if I have blue eyes. Then we confirm that I have green eyes just like Carter and she has blue eyes just like daddy
- Her new favorite saying is 'in a minute' and she puts her hand up for emphasis. Unfortunately, I think she picked that up from me...And when she says 'in a minute' what she really means is 'never'
- Isla is a grandma's girl! And there are many times that she prefers her over me...I am working on not taking it personally ;)
- She can run really fast and is hilarious to watch because her little legs have to move so quickly
- She is still sassy and I always know when she is angry or going to give me attitude because she crinkles her nose. When she is being particularly sassy I always ask her where my sweet Isla is and pretend to look for her. She usually says, 'right here!" and is my sweet Isla again, at least for a little while
- Loves to talk on a pretend cell phone and can make anything into a phone ~ her favorite person to talk to on the phone is Gus
- She has on occasion when disagreeing with me crossed her arms, stuck her nose in the air and stomped off
- Isla asks if her daddy is home every morning. And when the answer is no she says, "oh, work?"
- She is still petite but is getting very tall and definitely looking like a big girl.
- Her speech is getting better and she speaks in 2 and 3 word phrases but they still are a little choppy
- Her favorite book is "Llama Llama Red Pajama" at home and "The Berenstein Bears Sleepover" at my mom's house
- She is really into dresses lately and asks to wear one everyday and wear her pj gowns every night. Fortunately, she doesn't get too upset when she can't
The things she says:
Isla came downstairs the other day and Carter had fallen asleep on the couch, "Carter sleeping? Carter...wake up buddy." She said this while brushing his hair off his forehead, which made it that much sweeter
We picked Carter up from school, "Hi Carter! How was school? Jiji math?"
"Broken....I tried but its too hard. Mommy fix it?"
 |
| Goggle Girl! |
 |
| Rockstar! |
 |
| With flowers from Daddy! |
 |
| Sassy girl! |
 |
| Super Hero Isla! |
 |
| Bubble Girl! |
"Excuse the mess...the children are making memories." ~ Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment