Happy Birthday sweet girl!! You have really grown into a young lady this past year. And grown in general!! You are now in the 44th percentile in weight (30 pounds 2 ounces) and in the 71st (!) percentile for height (38 inches tall!). You have learned to express yourself and defining your personality. Mostly you are completely adorable that I almost cannot take it! But you do have a sassy side and always know when you are going to give me attitude by the way you scrunch up your nose. I have also seen arms crossed and a little booty stomping away. You are becoming really independent and I hear 'by myself!' a lot. I will probably regret typing this but I love that you stand up for yourself (even if it is against me). This will serve you well when you are grown.
You have changed a lot this past year and there are more changes to come...you are going to be a big sister and are so very excited! You are very into call Carter your brother and tell people that you are a sister. You desperately want the new baby to be a 'baby girl' and almost refuse to believe that he/she isn't. June/July will be interesting. I think that you will make a fabulous big sister and will be a big helper.
You vocabulary has really exploded and I am loving hearing your little voice. You are super excited to start preschool and use you backpack. You and Gus met Mrs. Whiteman while playing at Kiwanis park. Now you know your teacher's name although you always drop the Mrs. and just say Whiteman :).
You are generally incredibly sweet and will listen and follow directions but certainly have your 'sassy' moments and refuse to follow any direction. In your sweet moments, you reply 'ok mom' when given a direction and in your sassier moments I just get a scream as the reply.
You and Gus are still the best of friends or worst enemies depending on the second. You miss him when you don't see him in a few days and always 'talk' to him when pretending to talk on the phone. But you stand your ground with him too. That's why your relationships is so volatile...you both want to be the alpha dog and don't give into each other.
You always want to do what the big kids are doing and get frustrated when you can't. You, Carter, and Daddy were hanging out a neighbors one night while I was at home studying. Matt called and said that you were on your way back down and I should wait outside for you. You looked totally adorable riding your tricycle down the street in the dark towards our house. But you nearly lost your stuff when I wouldn't let you cross the street by yourself to ride back. You even looked and announced 'no cars.' I remind you daily that you are only three :).
You love your brother and look up to him. You have been such a copy cat lately and do and say anything he does. He would race you up the stairs for bed every night but you got even smarter and would say 'race ya!' and start off running before he could even start - ha!
You like to play the 'what's missing game' and memory and do well at both. You are really smart and pay attention to almost everything. But you crack me up because you do not know your numbers at all. It is almost comical because Carter is such a 'numbers kid' and you just are not. I love being a second-time mom with you because things like this do not stress me out. You will get there!
My favorite 'thing' we do together is singing 'twinkle twinkle' before bedtime. We sing together while giving Eskimo kisses, alternate kissing each other noses, and hold the high note at the end of the song. My heart almost bursts with love for you during this sweet little moment during the evening.
The things you say:
*You will sometimes call Carter 'buddy' and the other day you woke up from your nap and Carter was home so I alerted you to that fact...
Oh Tarter, you are home buddy.
My favorite!
Tarter, wake up buddy!
We picked up Carter from the bus stop and when he got in the car, you said:
Hi Tarter! How was school today? Ji ji math?
Gus! In a minute! Boots off!
You call me 'momma' and Matt 'dadda' and Hayden 'hay hay'
We love you so much girl!! Happy Birthday!
A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart.
~Author Unknown






No comments:
Post a Comment