Saturday, January 2, 2016

Big Kid Update ~ Isla Elizabeth

Next up, my Isla Elizabeth!

Isla is half way through 3 year old preschool! We have to sign her up for 4 year old preschool the beginning of January and it just does not seem possible!! She loves school and is doing very well. Her teachers say that she loves to move around and play with everything. I usually get some creation from the art center but she will also read books and play in the house area. She takes turns and listens and follows directions. Mrs. Whiteman did say sometime she has a hard time understanding her but her speech has improved so much since the beginning of the school year! She has developed some 'bigger kid' vernacular. She greets a room saying 'hi guys' and has included the word 'actually' into most of her sentences. She is started to speak in more sentences and has begun using 'I' instead 'me.'




Interests: She loves ballet, Nora Grace, Jake and Brea. It is so cute when Brea starts crying she always says to her, 'it's okay...I here.' She is very into what is 'hers' and 'Brea's' and makes sure everyone else knows. She LOVES playing with Addison and usually does whatever Addison tells her to. She likes Paw Patrol especially Sky and Everest.

With "Nowa Gwace"

She LOVES her brother and sister. She uses the cutest 'baby voice' when she talks to Brea and usually calls her Brea Tortilla or Brea Tort Tort. One of Isla's favorite things to do it to take baths with Brea. I can't wait until Brea is sturdy enough to sit up on her own in the tub and then the real fun can begin!



She wanted to everything Carter does and is always by his side. Sometimes this goes over well sometimes it doesn't. She also loves to pester him and knows how to push his buttons.

Isla as the Hulk!

Isla just had her first dance recital and she did great! She really enjoyed taking ballet this fall and she will go again this spring. She mostly followed her teachers but did get distracted by the bright lights of the stage. She loved getting flowers from her daddy and grandparents and of course LOVED her sparkly costume.






Personality:
Isla can be just the sweetest but she definitely knows what she wants and now can verbalize it! She also has a bit of sass to her and I hear 'mom' in a teenage whine voice. She can be sneaky and gets a sly smile when she is up to something. I have always asked for a kiss before the kids get something they want (like a snack). So now Isla tries to butter me up by giving me a kiss even when I say no.

Being sneaky
One of my favorite things Isla does is that when something is really funny to her so will cover her mouth and giggle. It is just so cute!




The Things She Says: 

Instead of 'ya hoo' when she is excited she says, 'Ah hoo!'

When she doesn't like an instruction I have given her she will say, 'Mom! Don't tell me that!'

She calls her backpack a 'pack pack'

She has trouble with her 'f', 'ph', and 'th' sounds and says a 's' instead so phone is 'sone' and thanks is 'sanks,' forehead is 'sorehead'

"Yes! I did it baby!"

"Come check this out!"

"I giggle her" (while tickling Nora)

She is getting more observant and verbalizing what is going on in her head. We were watching Home Alone 2 and Kevin was running from the robbers in New York and at one part was running in the street. Isla was shocked by this and said, 'Kids no run in the street! On the sidewalk!' At least she has been listening to us about being in the street :)

I still sing her Twinkle, Twinkle at bedtime and the other day when I was finished she said to me, "Ok mom, not get out of my room."  What a stinker!

She says "you pick me off?" Referring to when in drop her off at preschool or Papa Dave's house.

Carter asked Isla if she had a boyfriend at school and she replied,
"I have lots of boyfriends."

"Her smile beams like sunshine, which fills our hearts with love." - Unknown


No comments: