Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Brea Jean ~ 11 Months!!

I can't believe that we are closing in on one year old!! Brea you are such a joy and we love you so much! The super crabby days and lack of sleep are a distant memory and we say multiple times a day how cute you are. Here is what you are have been up to:




Nickname(s): Oo-me, Oo-me too-me, Bree, Oo-mers, Ba Ba Brea (courtesy of Isla)

Biggest Achievement: Pulling to stand!

Biggest Challenge: Long naps and going down for bed at night

Firsts: First Iowa Spring Game, First Mother's Day, First time at the Zoo!




Likes: Bubbles!, her siblings, eating anything and everything, putting everything in her mouth, screaming at the top of her lungs



Dislikes: Getting into the car seat, waiting to eat, when mommy leaves the room, mommy fishing things out of her mouth

Eating: Eating continues to go well although we have a hard time keeping our girl full. She has becomes slightly more picky about what she eats and prefers meat, carbs, and fruit. She likes finger foods over baby food. She strongly dislikes Stage 3 food but still likes some her favorite Stage 2 foods that I feed her in a pinch. She screams when we don't cut things up fast enough and she runs out of food. We are trying to work on her signing 'more' versus screaming to get what she wants :). Her favorite foods are ground beef, chicken, yogurt, cantaloupe, breakfast bars, and baked beans. She is hit or  miss when it comes to cottage cheese. She eats it at home but hasn't been eating it at my mom's house. She doesn't like cut up bananas, eggs, and that's about it! We love watching Brea eat ` she just shovels it all in!

She has dropped her bottle at 10:30 in the morning so she only has one 5 ounce bottle while I am at work. She nurses first thing in the morning and right before dinner. She occasionally will nurse right before bed but not always. My milk stash is running very low so I started mixing some whole milk with my breast milk for her bottle during the day. I still pump first thing in the morning but get a depressing amount so I don't plan on continuing to pump after school gets out.

I finally got Brea her own sippy cup. She has been trying to drink out of Carter and Isla's cup so I put some water in one of their cups but Brea didn't seem to like that very much. She has been drinking water out of her new sippy cup. I put some whole milk in one and she took a big swig but wasn't quite sure what to think of it :). It is crazy to think that she will transition to her sippy and be done with bottles within the next couple of months.



Sleeping: Once Brea is asleep she is a great sleeper! She doesn't go down as nicely anymore and will cry/scream for about 5 minutes before finally giving into sleep. Naps have not been going as well in the afternoons. She really only needs one nap a day but has fallen into a habit of taking a short nap in the morning when she is at Matt's parent's house. So now she doesn't want to fall asleep until 2 or 2:30 in the afternoon and doesn't sleep very long if at all. Then she can be cranky in the evening. I remember Carter's transition from two naps to one being rocky so hopefully she can figure it out sooner rather than later. Brea naps pretty well at home in her bed. Weekend naps are very random because they depend on what we are doing that day. Third child problems!

Temperament: Brea is a pretty happy baby!! I never thought I would see the day but she is very smiley and giggly. She gets excited when Matt and I come home from work and giggles while crawling towards us. She still plays well independently and loves to be in the mix with the older kids at home. Her favorite place to be is in the toy room because that is where Carter and Isla play and also because of all the small things she can stick in her mouth.

When Brea is sleepy, she does still have her crabby moments and screams at the top of her lungs. This is not my favorite thing. I cannot get over how loud she can be.



The Superficial: My girl! She is just too cute! She is getting a little chunky and has these round cheeks. Her eyes are still very blue and she gets comments on them all the time! Her hair is growing in but is very light so she looks like a baldy. She has a little tuft of hair on the top/back of her head that will stick up after she has a bath. I love that she has her own little mohawk. My grandma thinks that Brea will be strawberry blonde but I think she may have light hair like Isla. 9 month clothing is getting a little snug while 12 month clothes can be a little big. She is in size 2 diapers but I will be buying size 3 from now on.

Teeth: Brea has 3 teeth! I could see her top teeth peeking through her gums for a while now but her left top-front tooth has popped through and we are waiting on the other one to come down. She looks so silly to me with only one tooth showing. I told Addison that she and Brea match because Addison's front tooth is also working on growing in.



Motor Milestones: Brea is crawling everywhere these days and getting pretty fast! She can pull to stand and tries to pull up on everything. She is also transitioning a bit from one object to the next. She hasn't started cruising along furniture or walking behind a walker. I like the crawling stage so I am enjoying the time she has left. She will crawl over me if I am laying on the floor and loves to crawl under/between the kitchen chairs to get under the table. She started climbing the stairs but is a little unsure of them since she fell down them. Luckily, it was only from the first step. She learned the hard way that she can't sit on the stairs.

She waves and has started lifting up her arms when she wants to be picked up. For future self, first morning Brea lifted her arms to get out of her crib was May 5th :).

Language: She says 'da da da' a lot and has started doing it towards Matt. She also makes the 'da' sound when she sees Hayden. I think she is trying to say  'dog' but it could be a coincidence. She likes to say 'ma ma ma' and does it quite a bit while she is eating.

Other Notables: Brea cries every morning when she gets up but quiets down after being picked up and seeing her siblings. You can see her love for them. She just wants to do everything that they do. It certainly doesn't hurt that they are always trying to make her happy :).



Brea also doesn't seem to have much fear. She loves to shut doors and open/shut drawers. She has gotten her fingers pinched a couple of times in my bathroom but has never cried. She also pulls up on anything whether it is sturdy or not. 



Sibling Comparison: Isla also put everything in her mouth and loved to eat! She was started to cruise along furniture and could point and wave. She also said 'hi dad' and 'no no no.' Carter was also talking quite a bit at this age...he made different sounds for 'dad,' 'duck,' and 'dog.' He was calling me 'ma ma' saying 'na na' for banana and 'nom nom' for food. Carter was also transferring between objects, cruising along furniture, and had taken his first steps!!



No comments: