Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Two Months!!

My little man is two months old today!!! It is hard to imagine that two months have gone by since we welcomed Carter into our family and into the world :). We just love hime so much and he is just so darn cute! He had his two month checkup today and here are his stats:


  • Weight = 11 pounds 12 ounces (maybe not such a little man anymore) - 50th percentile

  • Height = 21 1/4 inches - 3rd percentile

  • Head = 39.9 cm - 50th percentile

So he is right where he needs to be! The appointment wasn't so much fun for Carter however... He had to have 3 shots - poor thing! The nurse was really great and administered the shots very fast but still painful for the little guy who was so upset his face got all red as he did his silent cry. He was a trooper though and once the shots were over and Matt comforted him he was silent and looked up at Matt as if to say, "you won't believe what just happened to me."


Other fun Carter facts:



  • He LOVES his car seat buddies - especially Mr. Duck - and he smiles at them every time we put him in it.

  • Smiling is his favorite - especially when it comes to his bodily functions. Seriously, ask him if he pooped/spit up on mom and instant smile (is he all boy or what?!)

  • He has been evicted from mom and dad's room and now sleeps in his crib due to very noisy sleeping habits :)

  • He is starting to enjoy bath time! Matt bathed him the other day with no crying - he even cracked a smile.

  • He met his Aunt Lisa last week and greeted her with a smile. He had a great time with her and to Aunt Lisa's delight no Harley shirts were spit up on during her visit :)

Can you tell smiling is his new "big" thing? His personality is coming through more and more everyday and for the most part he is a very content baby but he can be a little stinker too. Each day gets a little bit easier and we are developing more of a routine - still not there yet but making progress!


In other news, I started work yesterday (boo!). It was actually easier than I thought it would be and I am kind of relieved that it is over so it isn't looming over my head anymore. I had been depressed about going back to work for awhile and I told Matt on Sunday that I was just going to be in a bad mood. But then I thought, no, I am just going to enjoy the day and not worry about work tomorrow. Being a bitch wasn't going to change the fact that my new role as a working mom was upon us. (Side note: I don't really like the term "working mom" as if to say that moms who stay home aren't working because after 8 weeks at home with a newborn I KNOW that isn't true!). Anyway, after having a complete meltdown last week, I drove to work with very few tears and with pictures of Carter plastered all over my cubicle I had a pretty nice day!


But if we happen to win the lottery I will DEFINITELY be staying home :).

1 comment:

Grete said...

happy 2 month birthday Carter!