Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Matt!!

Today is my wonderful husband's 27th birthday - Happy Birthday Honey! We had a pretty uneventful day with Matt working and I ended up having to do some work from home... But he got some really nice gifts including Oakley sunglasses, shoes, and some moola. We will also be celebrating tomorrow with cake at my folks, Thursday dinner with his family, and Sunday pasta night with my family so don't feel too bad for him :).

Yesterday marked the start of my LAST week before I go back to work and I.am.FREAKING.out! I do NOT feel prepared at all and I can't believe it has been almost 8 weeks. Carter is still not sleeping great and I usually don't function before noon so it seems impossible that I will have to be at work by 8 - showered no less. Truth be told there were days that I didn't brush my teeth before 5 :).

It does makes me feel a little bit better knowing that he going to my mom's - but just a little. I know he will be in the best care but I just know I will miss him SO much. I just keep telling myself if I can make it through the first week then I will be okay and our "new" routine will feel more comfortable.

On a brighter note, Matt's sister Lisa is coming into town on Thursday! She will be meeting baby Carter and hanging out all weekend so yay! She is staying at our house so she may re-think the whole baby thing after hearing Carter cry in the middle of the night but I told him to be on his best behavior so we shall see :). I probably won't be updating again until next week because I plan on cuddling with my baby 24/7 for the next 5 days!

No comments: