Monday, July 27, 2009

Bix Weekend

So is everyone expecting a disaster story about me, Carter and the Bix?! Sorry, I don't have one to share :). We had a great weekend with a few unexpected twists - here is our weekend run down:

Friday night we went to watch Aunt Katie play softball way out in Donahue. We had a good time although there was a storm a brewin' so we left a little early. There is just something about being near a baseball field in the country with lightning that makes a gal nervous. It all seemed very Twister-esque. Anyway, it was a good thing we left when we did because we weren't home for 20 minutes when the storm hit! And it was a doozie. We had 60 mile an hour winds and heavy, heavy rain. After the sirens went off we made our way downstairs and then... LIGHTS OUT! We lost power. And my "always be prepared" husband could NOT find a flash light. So Carter had to finish his bottle by candlelight. It was all very romantical :).

Side note: it is a good thing that I like candles - even though ordinarily by husband won't let me burn them - because without them we would have been screwed :).

Around 4 am our power came back on and Matt said it was as if God was calling him Home because all of the sudden the entire room was bright. Apparently we had a lot of lights on :). He was up and out the door to fish by 5 am - Matt and his friend Jon-Michael have been doing this all summer. Amanda, JM's wife, and I think they are crazy getting up that early on the weekends but I digress.

I did NOT go to the Bix Saturday morning for a couple of reasons. One, my friend never called me to go - my guess is she decided going with a 3 1/2 month old baby wouldn't be as fun as she initially thought. And truth be told she was probably right. Secondly, Carter slept until 7:40 am!

However, I got up around 7. Why you ask? I woke up as Pamela Anderson. Can you say holy engorgement?! We give Carter a formula bottle for his nighttime feeding and I usually pump. But you may remember that we had no power Friday night (it went out after I had already started feeding Carter) so no pumping for me. So when I woke up Saturday morning I was ready to burst.literally. I pumped, Carter got up and ate and we went about our morning. I did watch the Bix on TV :).

Saturday afternoon the crew (Matt, Carter, Hayden, my mom, Katie, Addison and Hank) and I ventured down to the Bix Fest. It was so much fun! We had a bite to eat, sat in the shade and listened to Scrantonicity, I mean, Identity Crisis, which is my mom's friend's husband's band - got that?! It was so nice to just sit outside and relax and the weather could not have been more perfect!

Saturday night we went over to Cory's house to eat dinner (he smoked a pork butt - that's what he called it) and hang out. Sunday we just relaxed, cleaned house, and went to Pasta Night and the Club. All-in-all it was a GREAT weekend. Hope everyone enjoyed theirs just as much!

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.”


No comments: