Monday, August 10, 2009

Who Knew?

That having a baby is such a chick-magnet?! This is according to my husband who got plenty of attention while pushing Carter through Hy-Vee this evening :). It was such a nice night we decided to go on a family walk. We needed some items for our dinner so we decided to walk-up to, what we affectionately call, Ryan's Hy-Vee. I stayed outside with Miss Hayden while Matt and Carter went inside and shopped. (our dinner was delicious - Salmon with tomato salsa; see recipe below).
Several minutes later they returned and Matt informed me that "chicks were all over me because of Carter." Truth be told I think it was Carter that did most of the flirting while Dad proudly showed him off :). Also on the way home our friend, and my college roommate, Nina drove bye us, turned around and stopped to meet Carter and say hello. It was so nice to see her! Carter liked her immediately smiling at her the entire time - he is quite the ladies' man!

Other than that we are just hanging out. I am preparing to leave my baby for the first time! I am taking a CPE course in Des Moines next week and will be gone for three nights!! Matt, Carter and Hayden will be holding down the fort. Matt is a little nervous about taking care of Carter by himself but I know he will do great!!! But I also know we will all be ready for me to return home Friday afternoon. I am not freaking out too bad about my impending separation from Carter Man...yet. By next Tuesday I might be a blubbering mess!:)

Like I said above our dinner was very tasty and healthy and easy! Check it out:


Salmon with Summer Tomato Salsa


INGREDIENTS
  • 4 (4 ounce) fillets salmon, skin removes
  • 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
  • 1/2 Hass avocado, chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed
  • 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
  • 1/4 cup minced red onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 lime, cut in wedges (this is mostly a garnish, but you can squeeze on fish, we just skipped it)

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Combine all ingredients (except salmon fillets and lime) in small bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  3. Bake salmon for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly,
  4. Serve salmon surrounded by the salsa and lime wedges. Can serve salmon either hot or cool - we served warm.
Serving cool salmon with salsa is a great summer recipe; just refrigerate until cool

**Makes 4 4-oz fillets

Number of Servings: 4


Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 253.5
Total Fat:
9.9g
Total Carbs:
11.2g
Dietary Fiber:
3mg
Protein:
30.6g


Oh and a picture of my little ladies' man!





"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts." ~Author Unknown

No comments: