But this weekend this gal had plans!! My friend Julie and her husband Mike, my sister Katie and brother-in-law Ryan and I went to Danika Holmes' Second Chances CD Release Show!! It.was.AMAZING! I was so impressed, although not at all surprised, with Danika's performance. She seemed so comfortable on stage and her voice sounded incredible - just like, if not better, than her CD. There is nothing like listening to someone live!
Her show was a mix of some covers (from the Dixie Chicks and The Beatles to Jordin Sparks!) and her original music. Most of which are on her CD but some that are not - I heart Bluebird! I could tell that she put a lot of thought into her set list and that music is truly her passion.
As my brother-in-law Ryan said, "her music is for everybody." The show was SOLD OUT and was a mix of young and old, men and women. Everyone had a great time and we all got to be the first to see Danika's music video for "Lock Me in Tonight." It is so entertaining and Danika looks gorgeous. Keep checking her website she plans on releasing it soon!
I am so proud of her! Not only has she found her love and passion in life but she has the
Julie, Danika and Me
"..But when she steps on stage you know that woman ain’t shy. She’s like an unlit match, just waiting to burn Just waiting to burn, just burn waiting to burn, burn, burn, just waiting to burn.Just waiting to burn, just waiting to burn."
- lyrics to Unlit Match by Danika Holmes

No comments:
Post a Comment