I know that the vast majority of these blog posts revolve around my man Carter but, truth be told, my world revolves are him right now :). And in lieu of a baby book I blog so I post things that I don't want to forget...And I never want to forget that at 14 months:
- Carter loves to pick out a book, bring it to you and back into your lap to read it. However he only usually lasts about 4 pages before he is shutting the book to retrieve another one :). One of the only books he gets all the way through is Wheels on the Bus (also his favorite song!).
- He is starting to repeat words (we better watch our mouths!).
- He can say "quack, quack" when you ask him what a duck says and kind of "meows" when you ask him what a kitty says.
- He can say ball, bubbles, duck, dad, mom, dog....
- He can point out his nose and more times than not his pointer finger goes up his nose!
- He either drinks out of his sippy cup upside down or with one hand
- He loves music and always dances along to it
- I smother Carter with kisses daily but the other day when I leaned in to kiss him - he leaned back and kissed me!
- He sleeps with a ton of stuff in his crib
- 2 blankets
- 8 stuffed animals - Scout, Herky, Mr. Duck, Doggie, Hippo, a Boxer doggie, my old Playskool pig and Mr. Pig!
- Mr. Pig is his favorite and he carries him out into the family room every.morning. Adorable!
- He learned to blow kisses and will blow kisses to me when I leave for work. He also blows kisses to the trees we pass on our walks.
- He loves to bounce and kick balls - my mom swears he will be a soccer player!
- He learned to feed himself with a baby fork!
- Carter loves to open and shut doors and drawers. Mama always has to remind him to be careful of his fingers :)
- He will give you a "high five"
- He has a temper! And will throw a fit if he doesn't get his way! But is usually distracted if I ask him to find something - "Carter, where's your milk?"
- He has been going to Child Watch at the Y on Saturday mornings while mommy works out. The past several weeks he has been playing instead of just sitting on someone's lap. I have watched him put toys away and try to crawl up the slide :)
- He went swimming for the first time this year! My mom put a baby pool on her deck and the babies have been enjoying it on the warm days. Carter is becoming a water baby like Addison.
- He attended his first wedding! He only made it through half on the ceremony before Matt took him out. He wasn't really being too loud but I could tell it was coming! He was such a ham at the reception - dancing, walking up to strangers and smiling. He also played well with his BFF Gavin!
- His eating habits are inconsistent. He isn't really a picky eater but has good days and bad days. Some days I feel like he doesn't eat anything but others he eats everything we put in front of him.
- His baby mullet is coming back! Time for another haircut :)
- His hair is getting blonder and will look really blonde after the next haircut
- He started pointing. Before he would just reach out his entire hand but now uses his pointer finger!
- He went on his first bike ride. He and Addison rode in the bicycle trailer while Aunt Katie pulled them along....they.did.not.have.fun. Crying for the entire 45 minutes we were riding. I think that they were getting into each other's personal space - ha!
“Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.”- Sam Keen

No comments:
Post a Comment