Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Decade...

Matt and I starting "going out" ten.years.ago.today!  An entire decade! WOW! I can hardly believe that Matt and I have been together for ten years  - ahh, this makes me feel really, really old! Sorry I keep repeating that but I really can't believe it!

It is a strange thing because although it doesn't feel like Matt and I have been together that  long - I can't remember life without Matt in it. And I really can't imagine my life now without Matt in it :). We have been through a lot this past decade. Mostly good, some bad and always together. Our decade of love:
  • We graduated from high school.
  • We survived living in different cities.
  • We survived living together :)
  • We got engaged!
  • We graduated from college.
  • We survived moving back in with our parents.
  • We bought a house.
  • We got married!
  • We re-modeled and/or painted every room in our house!
  • We got our first "baby" Hayden!
  • We tried and successfully got pregnant
  • We had a Baby Boy!
We have come along way from the young and carefree kids we used to be but we have grown up and changed together and I am extremely blessed to have Matt as my husband.
I LOVE you Matt. You are a wonderful husband and father! Thank you for loving me and Carter unconditionally, making me laugh, taking care of everything, staying calm in stressful situations when I completely freak out, being the decision maker when I can't seem to make up my mind, being an amazing role model for Carter, did I mention taking care of everything?!

The past ten years have flown by and I can't wait to see what the next ten years bring!

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."  - Unknown

No comments: