Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July!

We had quite the holiday weekend! Very busy and very fun!! Below is a rundown of the weekend:

Friday, July 2nd
Carter turned 15 months! To celebrate mommy took the day off work and we went swimming at Splash Landing with Auntie Jo, Auntie Katie, Addison and Grandma (who had just gotten home from her vacay in Alaska!). We had a great time and Carter and Addison enjoyed playing in the pool going down the big slide and going down the pirate ship slide! Friday night, I had plans for a girls night!! It was SO nice to see my girlfriends, sit down in a restaurant and eat in peace :). It has been awhile! After dinner at Tantra (yum!) we all went down to Bluesfest (thanks for the tickets Danika!) and listened to the music. It was a beautiful night down by the river - thanks girls!

Saturday, July 3rd
Saturday morning Matt woke up sick so Carter and I decided to let him nap while we went to the pool!! Auntie Jo and Grandma took us to DCC and we had fun in the sun! DCC just renovated their pool including a beach front entry baby pool with a mushroom fountain. It is so nice and Carter has a lot of fun walking in and out of the pool. Carter eventually got sleepy and my wonderful mother offered to take him home while Joanna and I got to stay and lay out...again, it has been awhile! Which was completely evident by the burn I got on my upper thigh - ouch! We had dinner at my folks and got Matt home early and put him to bed...

Sunday, July 4th
Happy 4th of July! This is one of my favorite holidays. Parades, fireworks, and the street fair - I just love it all! We went to the parade in the morning and Carter and Addison had a great time once the parade started. Waiting for parade was NOT so much fun because they had to sit still, which is not one of their many talents :). After Carter got up from his nap we headed up to the 4th of July fest where Carter got to pet all the animals in the petting zoo, which included goats, a baby pig, a calf, a big bunny, duck and some chickens :). He also got a catepillar balloon animal! After dinner, Carter and Addison had some twilight swimming at grandma's house before the fireworks. Both of them had a great time at the fireworks, running around beforehand and sitting down amazed during. We heard a lot of "wow" and "pretty" from Miss Addison:). Carter had so much fun that he fell asleep on our walk home :). I love watching the world through Carter's eyes and how he finds enjoyment in the little and simple things in life....it is really one of the best things about being a parent.





Monday, July 5th
Two very exciting events happened! In the morning, the girls went to DeWitt to Storybook Ending to help Joanna search for the perfect wedding dress while the boys stayed home with the babies. Joanna had been to a couple stores but wanted to see what Storybook Ending had to offer...and she FOUND THE DRESS!! She looks absolutely beautiful in it and I think she is happy to have found the one!

After we got back from shopping, the boys went golfing while the rest of us hung out. About an hour after my dad and Matt teed off I got a call from Matt...he said to check my phone he sent me a text message.I thought that was a little strange but I followed his directions. The message was a picture of my dad on the green with a message that said, "Your dad with his hole in one ball!" My dad got a hole in one!!! His first one! This is such a big deal (as most golfers know) and I am so excited for my dad! It is a very special event and I know that his score card will be framed and hanging up ASAP :). CONGRATULATIONS DAD!!

We finished up the weekend with dinner at Matt's parents and now I am mentally preparing to go back to work tomorrow, which is kinda sad but after such a wonderful weekend I can't complain! I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July weekend!

“Freedom is never given, it is won.” - Albert Camus


No comments: