Thursday, July 8, 2010

Poopy on the Potty!

Sorry for the crude title but...CARTER TOTALLY WENT POOPY ON THE POTTY TONIGHT!!!

We are so excited for him! Don't get me wrong this was a fluke :). As I mentioned, we have been putting Carter on the potty so he gets comfortable sitting there. I knew that eventually he would "accidentally" go and I could make a big fuss so he would get an idea of why he sits on the potty...here is how it all went down. *If you would prefer not to hear about my son's bodily functions please skip down to the bottom of the post.*

Carter walked into the bathroom and I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty. He said, "yeah" and proceeded to put his potty seat on our toilet and I sat him down. He sat for awhile, wanted off and ran out to the living room sans diaper. Carter ran back into the bathroom before Matt could get his diaper on and did his "poopy squat." :) I immediately placed him on the potty and sat there in amazement - he was pooping on the potty!!! I called Matt in and we made a VERY big deal of his accomplishment. Carter helped flush the toilet as we said bye-bye to the poopies :). Then we gave him a sucker as a reward, which he loved, of course!





Do I think Carter had any idea what he did? No. But I feel like there is no harm in continuing putting him on the potty and rewarding him if he happens to go on it. I am totally prepared for him to be at least 3 before he is potty trained :). For right now, we are excited about this little moment - first time on the potty! Clap for Carter Man!

“Life isn't a matter of milestones but of moments” - Rose F. Kennedy

No comments: