Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wrapped Around His Finger

Carter is a mama's boy, well, at least I think he is. And he completely has me wrapped around his finger. I don't give him everything he wants all the time but there are some things that I cannot say 'no' to. One of those things is cuddling! Now Carter was never much of a cuddler - he is a typically boy and there are far more important things going on around him for him to stop for a cuddle - but for the past couple weeks he has been doing the cutest thing!

Bedtime has always been either really good and really bad for Carter. He will go months without a peep at bedtime and then something happens (teething, sick, random change in schedule) and then he will go weeks whining and crying in his crib. For no apparent reason, a couple weeks ago he started having some issues around bedtime. He cried and cried and while Matt and I have used the "cry it out" method before I can no longer take it. So I went in his room and asked if he wanted to cuddle with mom. By cuddle I meant rocking him in his room but he asked for Pig and Hawkeye blankie so he thought I would take him out to the family room. Silly!

So now every night before I put him to bed he asks to "cuddle mom" and happily oblige. Although most nights he doesn't cuddle as much as just lay with me and point out my eyes, nose and mouth. He plays peekaboo and we giggle. And just last night he spelled his name for me out of the blue! But now he won't do it when I ask. He also tried to sneaky with his daddy. We were giggling and Matt knew that he wasn't winding down for bed so he came over give Carter his "five minute warning." But as Matt walked over Carter closed his eyes and pretended to snore!! He knew exactly what Daddy was coming over for and was trying to trick him - ha! He never ceases to amaze me.

"Always kiss your children goodnight - even if they're already asleep." ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.





No comments: