My March for Babies ticker says that we only have 65 days before our walk and we have only gotten one donatation...mine (cue "Debbie Downer" music - womp, womp, womp...). And while any amount of money helps the cause we really wanted to meet our group goal of $600. $600 that will go to support healthy babies.
I was gathering some research for the March of Dimes to present to my work for our monthly 'Casual for a Cause' Jeans Day and I came across Addison's CarePage. For those of you who don't know, "CarePages.com is an online community with over a million unique visitors a month who come together to share the challenges, hopes and triumphs of anyone facing a life-changing health event." (per the CarePages website). Katie wrote almost daily updates about Addison's progress while in the NICU. It was a wonderful way to keep updated on Addison's progress and now it is an amazing reminder of how far Addison has come.
So to honor our little peanut and hopefully garner a few donations :), from now until the walk, I am going to post a weekly Addison Update that will come directly from those CarePages. May they give you a glimpse of what Addison and other premature babies have gone through and how much they need our help.
9/5/08
Posted Sep 5, 2008 11:04pm
Addie is doing very well today. She is still under the lights.
The nurses here are so wonderful and so helpful. They are letting
Ryan and I be so hands on. We each changed a diaper and I got to
take her temperature. My favorite description of her is that she is
small but mighty!!!!!
"To realize the value of one month, ask a mother who had a premature baby." ~ Karen Moy


No comments:
Post a Comment