Thursday, October 6, 2011

Carter Man Happenings!

So here we are....another month and another Carter update! He is becoming such a little boy I can hardly stand it. He does.not.stop.talking or moving for that matter :). I love that we can have conversations with each other now and he can tell me about his day - even when he wasn't such a good boy. For instance last night our conversation went a little something like this:

Me: Carter, did you have a good day?
Carter: Yes! I had a good day!
Me: Did you listen to Grandma and follow directions?
Carter: No.
Me: What happened?
Carter: I hit Addison at the park. I had to sit in time out.

What a stinker! Here's what else our Man has been up to:

  • He loves to play Monsters! Which basically means that he and Addison shout, "there a monster!" and run screaming down the hall to my parent's bedroom to hide under the covers, where they are, of course, safe
  • He also likes to become a monster, which happens when he bumps his head on the ground stands up and says "I a blue monster!" Addison does this too but she is usually a pink monster - she also learned a very important lesson the other day....do not turn into a pink monster outside near the cememt - ouch!
  • He still loves all construction equipment and had the best day when Daddy took him up to DeWitt where he got to 'drive' an excavator, backhoe loader, tractors and a gator!
  • Speaking of daddy, he now calls Matt 'Dad' or 'Daddy' instead of Matt. I don't know when that happened but here we are
  • He LOVES to build forts with his daddy. Only sad thing was that the other night the fort was for boys only - No Girls Allowed! Boo!
  • Goes out on the deck with Matt in the morning to let Hayden out. And always yells, "Go potty Hayden!"
  • He is once again a bath boy. The past couple months have been all about the shower but since he discovered he could 'swim' in the bath tub a bath it is. Only problem is getting him out!
  • He takes his shoes off within minutes of entering the house (or the sandbox). On the plus side he usually remembers where he left them
  • Will fake cry - so dramatic!
  • He is still working on his letters and some numbers. He knows that 'L' is for Laura, 'C' is for Carter and 'R' is for uncle Ryan (although he says, 'L' is for you and 'C' is for me)
  • He still likes to cuddle at night before bed in our room.
  • He will take his diaper off when it is full so sometimes I wake up a naked Carter in the morning (since the man REFUSES to wear jammies!)
  • He wears his diaper for naps and bedtime and I have learned to put him in the diaper right before he goes to bed because he no longer tells me when he has to go if he has a diaper on. The other night he was in bed and I was getting some water when I heard, "I throw the poopies in the garbage." Oh my!
  • The man talks all the time and I will be dedicating an entire post to the crazyness that comes out of his mouth on a daily basis so stay tuned :)

We LOVE you Carter Man!

"The fundamental job of a toddler is to rule the universe." ~ Lawrence Kutner





No comments: