- He is going to be a big brother!
- He loves to wear his 'glubbs' (gloves)
- He loved putting up our Christmas tree and tells everyone we have snowflakes and candy canes in our yard (we do).
- He is still a mama's boy and loves to cuddle in the evening
- His eating is still hit or miss. It seemed to have gotten better but then it gets worse. Our latest tactic is asking him what type of construction equipment he wants to be before
shovingputting the food in his mouth. Usually it is a 'funky bullbozer' - whatever works! And yes, we still have to feed our 2 and a half year old. But not because he can't because if we didn't he just wouldn't eat - He has grown even more attached to Mr. Pig. He has always been Carter's favorite lovey but now it seems like we have to take him everywhere (except for in public). Whereas before he was more of an 'at home' thing. I don't mind but I am terrified that we are going to lose him :)
- Speaking of Mr. Pig. Carter found a hole in his back and said he had to go to the hospital. Luckily, Dr. Grandma Jeri was able to fix him
- He went to see Santa at the Family Museum and did great! He wasn't scared and told him that he wanted a camera for Christmas and gave him a hug!
- His favorite Christmas song is 'I Want a Hippopatumus for Christmas' and will sing it all day. I love to him sing, 'And Hippopatumuses like me too!'
- He has an insane memory and is very observant to where we are going and has a great sense of direction (most certainly does not get that from me). Everytime we go to Hy-Vee on Maplecrest he says, "I watched fireworks over there." We did but that was in July! Also, he wanted to go to child watch this past Saturday and said on the way there, "I saw an airplane at child watch" Which he did this summer when the air show was in town and it was warm enough for child watch to be outside! Just last night we were going to pick my grandma up for dinner and Matt drove the back way to her house. Keep in mind that it is completely dark and Carter says, "the scary potty park is down here." He was absolutely right but I still have no idea what would have triggered the location for him. (FYI - Addison named the park 'scary potty park' because the bathroom is just an outhouse and it scares her to use the restroom there)
- He wants to name the new baby Cory - for a boy or a girl.
Funny Carter sayings:
Me (calling for Matt who was downstairs): 'Hey Matt, could you look for Carter's Mater night light in my car."
Carter (from the top of the stairs): 'Hey Matt. I need my Mater night light'
While Carter was playing with his train tracks at my parents' house he asked my mom to help him put the track together. She told him that he could do it. He looked at her shrugged his shoulders and said, "I can't. I not a strong boy."
My grandma (mom's mom) had to go to the hospital for gall bladder surgery this past week and Carter went to visit her when my mom picked her up. He said, "I visited GG here. The doors open by themselves." - Matt's grandma was in hospice at the same hospital last winter
When he doesn't want to do something he says, "I can't. My tire is broken."
We went to church yesterday and they were having a bake sale so we let Carter and Addison pick a plate of cookies. After they ate breakfast we let them pick out a cookie to eat. Carter chose a christmas tree cookie and I chose something from Carter's cookie plate as well. Now I don't say this to be mean because we gave the money as a donation but the cookies were terrible! I don't know if they were made too soon and had been frozen but they were hard as rocks and literally couldn't be eaten. So I had one of Addison's cookies and said to her, "Addison you picked good cookies". Carter looked down and said softly, "I pick hard cookies." It was so cute and so sad!
He has been watching Christmas movies at my parent's house and Saturday he was obsessed with the 'abominable snowman.' And he is worried that snowman would be coming. I had to reassure Carter that there wasn't enough snow for him to come.
He certainly brings joy and laughter to our lives. What a crazy guy!
"All you need in the world is love and laughter. That's all anybody needs. To have love in one hand and laughter in the other." ~August Wilson
No comments:
Post a Comment