- He has become a lovie hoarder. He used to have quite a few lovies in his crib with him. But then it was all about Mr. Pig for quite some time. We were cleaning out the nursery and putting things into Carter's big boy room when out of the blue he said, 'where are my people?' Huh?! He clarified and said, 'all my lovies.' They were tucked away in the closet and he had to get all of them out and now sleeps with them every night in his big boy bed. The list includes:
- Mr. Pig
- New Mr. Pig
- Polar Bear
- Giraffe
- Other Giraffe
- Puffin
- Penguin
- Blue Doggie
- Dusty (a dog my mom gave him)
- 'Hamster' (it is actually Ham from the Toy Story movies)
- Scout
- I also want to make note that those are Carter's names for each animal. Isn't he so creative?! :). The only reason Dusty has a 'real' name is because that was the name he came with.
- His new favorite song is Pajama Time. He listens to it multiple times a day at my mom's and sings along. It.is.too.cute!
- He seems to be getting taller and seems very 'leggy' and he is still so skinny. Matt took him to the doctor this week because he had a really nasty cough and he weighed in at 30 pounds and is 37 inches tall.
- His eyes are definitely green but he is in denial and will demand that his eyes are blue like his daddy's.
- His bubble bath streak is over now he was just a 'water bath'
- He is still very into birthdays and has a birthday party for Mr. Pig multiple times a week.
- He loves to help my mom cook/bake but still refuses to crack the eggs - that is Miss Addison's job!
- He has to be first! Oh My! This reminds me so much of my brother when he was little it's scary. Maybe it is a boy thing?!
- He loves to wash his hands and brush his teeth by HIMSELF!
- He always cries when he 'got snot' and needs a Kleenex
- His hair still grows really fast and is so dark. I don't know where he gets it because Matt and I were both very blonde as kids.
- He is really into putting together puzzles and he is getting pretty good at doing them himself. He has a giant under the sea puzzle at my mom's house that he and Addison put together...the funny thing about the puzzle is that Carter and Addison always point out 'who' each animal is. For instance, Carter is always the green and red crab and Addison is always the hermit crab. My mom is usually the whale (sorry mom!) and the other day Matt was the sting ray, I was the shark, Papa Tom was the sea otter and Papa Dave was a dolphin. Also, Carter always put the two pieces of 'him' aka the crab together first and says, 'that's me!'
- He seems so old to me lately. Just some of the things that have come out of his mouth (the word awesome) seem so grown up
- He has said that new baby was a girl for the longest time but now he said he wants a brother! So cute! I told him that if he had a brother he would have to share his cars with him to which Carter said, 'Maybe Dad will share his cars with him.' :)
Funny Carter quotes:
It snowed (again!) and Carter and Addison finally got to use their little shovels and helped my my 'shovel' the sidewalk. Carter loved it but in the middle of shoveling he stopped, looked at my mom and said, 'this is hard work!'
We were in church this past Sunday and Carter was listening to Pastor Del's sermon when Carter said pretty loudly, 'SHARE!! He just said share!' So it was a good time to tell him that even Pastor Del thinks he should share :)
Also in church Carter told me he wanted to play with his excavator. So I pulled two out of his bag for him to play with. He looked up at me and said, 'those are back hoes Mom!'
'Look at my angry eyes'
'I picked it up with my grappling hooks.' (he pretends his feet are grappling hooks)
Carter: Daddy's leaving?
Me: Yep, he gets to ride on an airplane today!
Carter: Two airplanes?
Me: Yes, two airplanes
Carter: I can't believe that!
That was awesome!
Carter and Papa Dave went to the John Deere Pavillion last week and Dave was telling me that they saw a combine when Carter said: 'But it wasn't made out of cans.' (silly boy remembered that the last time we went to the Pavillion, which iwas over Thanksgiving, was when they had the combine made out of cans!)
We were riding with my mom in her van going to Olive Garden for dinner when we passed Chuck E Cheese. Carter was all 'There is Chuck E Cheeses. I love Chuck E Cheeses. We were chased by dinosaurs.' I had to explain to my mom that Matt and Carter played the Jurassic Park game when they were there....Carter continued talking about something in the back seat while I was trying to talk to my mom about something in the front when all of the sudden I hear, 'Mom! Be quiet! I am trying to tell Grandma something.' I guess his dinosar chasing story wasn't over!
I was kissing Carter the other day when he said, 'Easy mom'

Oh Carter Man you are so cute! We love you very much!
"The spirit is there in every boy; it has to be discovered and brought to light."
~Robert Baden-Powell
No comments:
Post a Comment