Wednesday, June 6, 2012

5 and 6 Weeks!

Miss Isla is six weeks old!! It is truly amazing how fast time flies. The past couple weeks have been exhausting as the newborn honeymoon period ended. The first several weeks Isla slept quite a bit during the day, which gave me quite a bit of down time and time I could spend with Carter. But weeks 5 and 6 she has been more awake and a lot more crabby. As in we had days where she screamed all.day.long! And it was absolutely as frustrating as it sounds. I do remember this with Carter and it didn't last that long with him so I know this phase will pass. We are also starting to implement the eat, activity, sleep routine that we did with Carter and that seems to be helping. So other than crying, this is what Isla has been up to:

Started wearing size 1 diapers
Starting to fit into her 0-3 month clothes
Started to take her nukie more often
Sleeps with a white noise machine
Took her first nap in the crib at my mom's
Likes to be swaddled
Goes 3-4 hours between feeding except for first thing in the morning when she still goes 2
Her spitting up has gotten to Carter 's level
Is very strong and can hold her head up high
Still has most of her hair although it has gotten lighter
Starting to smile more often. Sometimes it is a half smile smirk and sometimes it is a really big full smile :)

Fun story: I had my six week check up and while everything looked good the appointment took forever (like almost 2 hours in which all but 5 minutes of it was waiting time). I took Isla obviously not expecting it to take that long so Miss Thang started to get fussy and after I was worn out from sushing and rocking her car seat I got desperate and turned Pandora. Adele was playing and she was out instantly! Good to know! Also I think it is cool because that was the station playing when we welcomed her into the world ;).

"Don't ever tell the mother of a newborn that her baby's smile is just gas." - Jill Woodhull

No comments: