Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sneaky!

Now I do not claim to have perfect children. In fact, right now I have an almost six week old that screams practically the entire day so they are most certainly no where near perfect. But I have to say that, for the most part, Carter is a pretty sweet boy. Sure he has his naughty moments and times where he doesn't listen but one thing he has never been was sneaky. That is until now. Carter and Addison's new favorite show is Max and Ruby. They LOVE it and generally act out the shows. Generally it is pretty tame like playing doctor or having a sleepover party. But tonight they watched one where Max put red marker spots all over him and pretended they were chicken pox. After the show was over, Carter picked up a red marker and showed it to me. Knowing what he was thinking I told him no. And then went to tend to my very crabby baby. We were sitting down for dinner and no one knew where Carter was....not a good sign. Matt found him upstairs in the 'tea party' room and this is what he found:







I know! He deliberately went upstairs and put red marker all over himself and to make matters worse he colored over EVERYTHING in the room!! He has never ever done anything like that before and, to be honest, it was a little surprising. Luckily the marker came out of everything in the tea party room. Unfortunately for Carter the marker did not come out so easily on his skin. We tried everything and he is still rocking some red on his face :). He did feel extremely bad about the incident and reassured Grandma - "Next time I will color on paper." Oh Carter!




"Never say, "oops." Always say, "Ah, interesting."" ~Author Unknown