Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Carter Update!

My sweet Carter. Another month has past and you just keept getting older. Things come out of your mouth that just sound so grown up and we have actual conversations with you. It is just so strange, weren't you just my little baby?!

Here's what you have been up to:

  • You like to play daddy to Mr. Pig and will sometimes call him your son. The other day I walked by the bathroom and Mr. Pig was using the potty on the potty seat. So I stopped and watched you wipe him since he went poop :)
  • You still remember everything
  • You have been calling me momma and Matt dad dad
  • You have been good about staying in your bed at night and waking up with a dry diaper ~ I still can't talk you into wearing underwear
  • You fell out of bed for the first time when mommy was away for work
  • You love Isla and love to try and make her laugh. You always pinch her nose even though I ask you not to ~ I don't know what it is about her nose but you can't help yourself
  • You generally are a good listener but have a hard time when you are wound up
  • You are starting to be so gentle with Hayden, which is so sweet to see
  • You know what street you live on: Midland Hills Drive
  • You stayed with a babysitter (that wasn't family) for the first time when mommy and daddy went out to dinner for Auntie Jo's birthday!
  • You love to chase and be chased by Gus
  • You still get frustrated quickly and pitch a fit so we continue to work on that :)
  • You have started making up words but will always tell us what the word means when we ask
  • You still talk about your farm :)
  • You went to your first Hawkeye football game!
  • You have been playing Play Doh a lot with his daddy. Daddy showed him how to flatten it and make tire tracks in it with his monster trucks and Carter is all over it!
  • You like to pretend you are a pirate (any guess on what his new favorite show is?!)
Some funny Carter quotes/stories:

"It is more funner when you have a friend." ~ asking Matt to play play-doh with him

"We are on a date. A date is when you do something with your very best friend."
"I am getting thirstier and thirstier..." ~ when he wants milk and we tell him to wait until dinner

"The Hawkeyes won the football game at my farm today..." ~ at least they can win somewhere

Carter wanted the fan off in the bathroom at the hair place
Me: Carter, the fan and light have to go on together...
Carter: Maybe they're friends

Carter was giving some attitude and I said, "that doesn't sound like someone who should have gotten a fun toy at Target earlier...'
Carter: Mom, just chill
We sing the Party rock anthem in our house a lot.... usually making up lyrics. Matt called Isla chubby (ha!) when everyone was hanging out in our bed the other morning and Carter started singing, "all the chubbies in the house tonight." :)

Tells the story of how he got his shiny blue truck...'first I saw a red truck but it was 100 dollars and I didn't have 100 dollars then I looked down the hall and saw a shiny blue truck and it was only 1 dollar and I said "I want that one' ~ this is funny because he overheard Matt telling the guys he sold his Honda to that originally Matt test drove the red Honda but when he walked into the show room he saw the blue one and asked how much it was (same price) and said, "I want that one!"

"Oh man! Why is the moon not shining bright?!" ~ it was cloudy that night :)

'Eating kiss' = Hershey kiss. My mom has them around for the Holiday and when he would ask for a kiss I would kiss him on the cheek so now he is more specific :)

Carter's eyes are green. He would never believe it though... he insisted that his eyes were blue like his dad's. The other night we were lying in his bed after I read him a story and I told him, Carter your eyes are green. And he said:
'Today, I looked inthe mirror and saw that my eyes are green.'
Me: 'How did that make you feel?'
Carter: 'Sad. Boys like blue.'

He visited Santa at the Festival of Trees and I asked him what he asked Santa for for Christmas and Carter said, 'I asked him for 8 things.'

"Mommy, you can put my gloves on...that's your important job to do."



riding dirty

Looking so old!
peekaboo carter

"Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy." ~Author Unknown


"

No comments: