Friday, March 15, 2013

Carter Man!

Oh Carter Man ~ on your way to 4; how did that happen?! You continue to be a joy and a challenge at the same time :). We have been on a string of really good days so I am very happy about that. More times than not you are still my sweet, polite boy who remembers his 'pleases' and 'thank yous,' listens and follows directions and is a little helper boy.

But then....there are times when I just look at you like 'who is this kid?!' These attitudes you are had lately are almost always brought on by exhaustion but man they can be tough! You have started this thing where when you are angry you jump up and down whining or bang your hand on the floor and you have thrown some tantrums like I have never seen! At least it makes me appreciate the days you are your 'old' self even more :).

You love your sister to pieces and are trying to get used to her getting in 'your stuff.' We do have to remind you to be gentle sometimes but then there are times when you just kiss her out of the blue. So Adorable!

You love to take baths/showers and often jump in with whoever happens to be taking one. It is not unheard of for you to have at least a couple baths a day.

Eating continues to be a challenge for you. And we continue to try and work through it but it can be exhausting begging you to eat. Which I know is what all the 'experts' tell you not to do but I just can't have you not eat! I don't know what we will do they day you will just sit down for dinner and eat by yourself without being asked.

You started swimming lessons at the Y and love it! The first day, you got to go down the big slide all.by.yourself! (they caught him at the bottom of course). But you were so excited. There are 5 other kids in your class (including Miss Addison) so you have to wear life jackets when you are not the one the teacher is working with. They are the vests that just snap around your waist so when Grandma asked you about swim lessons you said, "I take off my jet pack and kick my legs!" So cute!
You are very excited to move into our new house and are already planning to 'box us all my loveys' Your lovey stage is still in full force ~ on the way to Papa Dave's you said, "I have a lot of babies. It is a good thing I have a lot of bottles!"



Mr Pig goes to school
Mr. Pig Goes to Preschool!
You talk about your dreams a lot...whether it was a good one or a scary one or if you don't remember you say you didn't have one. But most mornings you talks about your dreams ~ I still don't know if you really remember them on just make up stories. The other day you had a quite the dream:

'Mom, I want to talk about my dream...it was a Max and Ruby dream. Isla and me where there and Ruby wanted to go to the beach. We went there and Max and Isla wanted to go. We packed up Mr. Pig and Max packed his favorite lovey, Red Rubba Elephant, Ruby's snake, her pig, her duck, her bear and Max's toys and Submarine diver and all his other toys even his helicopter.'

And then you had a not so nice of dream:

'Mom, I had a dream that gran...that your mom got hitted by a bus! I almost got hitted but then I popped right up!'

After debating between pirates and Thomas, you decided to have a Shark birthday. Because 'sharks are your favorite!' (duh?)

Since your birthday is coming up you have been really into numbers and how old everyone is. You even asked Great Grandma how old she was! She was a great sport about it and let you know. Then, we were cuddling before bedtime and you said to me, "Mom, how old is God?" I didn't think I could be stumped by a three year old!


Rocky the snow man
Rocky the Snowman Part II
Carter Quotes:

{Dinner at my moms}
Addison: 'I see smoke. So I am going to wait to eat this.'
Carter: 'That's not smoke Addison. It's steam...haven't you ever heard of steam before?'

'Hey mom....I want to wear my John Deere hat. Papa Dave will think I am a John Deere guy...he will think I am his son.'


John Deere boy
'These cars are driving us crazy...we can't turn left!'

'Hey Dad! how are you gonna see if your truck is covered in snow?'

'Spiders are really creepy...they have 8 legs.'

When he hasn't done something it what he perceives was awhile ago he always says, I haven't done {fill in the blank} 'for a long year ago.'

"Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven."
~ Henry Ward Beecher/






No comments: