Friday, May 17, 2013

Last Day of School!

Carter celebrated the end of his first year of preschool this week! Wow! That sure went fast. I know I sound like a broken record...

He has such a wonderful experience at Redeemer this past year and has grown so much. We had a picnic and program for the last day and each child got a certificate and a parting gift from Mrs. Whiteman and Mrs. Myers. The picnic was fun for the kids who got to play on the playground and the program was really cute and gave a brief rundown of what the days were like for the kids. And of course, they got to sing all of their favorite songs!

Even though I had hoped to take the morning off for the program I had a work conflict but was lucky enough to sneak away for the hour to attend. To be honest, even though the program was really cute and I am really happy for Carter he was such a stink that morning! Part of it is my fault, because I always have an idea in my head of how things were going to go:
  • I wanted to get a picture of Carter and Addison with their certificates
  • I wanted to get a picture of Carter and his teachers
  • Etc and so on
And I should have known Carter would be less then thrilled with all of my planned photo ops especially when playing at the park is so much more fun of an option. And he was!  He pitched such a fit when I wanted him to get a picture with Addison that I didn't even try to get him to take a picture with his teachers. I just didn't have any fight left in me especially after hearing that my Grandma TT had passed away that morning.

Everything was a struggle with him. He cried when I made him get out of the swing so another little boy could have his turn, he jumped up and down and pitched a fit for the picture and pitched a fit when I wanted him to give his gifts to his teachers. It is just exhausting {and sometimes embarassing} when he acts like that especially because I know how well he can behave. Sigh. 4 year olds.

So it wasn't my ideal morning but I am really proud of Carter for finishing his first year of school! Way to go!

"The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book." ~Author Unknown


No comments: