Monday, October 7, 2013

Pumpkin Patch with Preschool!

Once again, Carter went to Farmer Gene's pumpkin patch with his preschool class. It is a really cute little farm in Illinois and is the perfect size for the kiddos. I planned to take the morning off so I could go with Carter Man. Well, imagine my surprise when we woke up to rain! It has been dry all summer and most of the fall and the one day I need it to be dry it rained!

The rain was coming down pretty hard when I dropped Isla off at Papa Dave's house but let up by the time Katie, Addison, Carter and I got to preschool. When we got there we heard that the field trip was still on! We lucked out and it didn't rain on us when we were at the farm but boy was it muddy! I am so glad that I had Carter is shorts because those in pants were just covered. He also had on his crocs, which were easy to clean. My shoes? Not.so.much.

Muddy
Mud!

Carter loved the farm (no surprise there)! He loved feeding the animals, seeing the peacock eggs and the chickens.

Feeding frenzy
 
 
So excited
Excitement level = High!
We made it through the corn maze and this year the kids were able to pick out a pumpkin! Most of the kids picked out a pumpkin that wasn't too far out in the patch because of the mud but not Carter. He took his time looking at each pumpkin and trying to find the perfect one. He totally gets this from me ~ I am usually really particular about my pumpkins. Anway, the one he picked out was perfect!! Shorter, round and with the perfect length stem!

Pumpkin find
Prized pumpkin!
After the kids picked their pumpkins it was off to Bunnyville and then snack. They kids also go to look around the farm's shop and parents got to take a minute for  a few photo ops :). It was a really fun morning despite the mud and I love being able to do things like this with Carter and his class.

Untitled
Pig carter
Carter picked the pig :)
Tractor driving
Addie and carter
Had to get one of those two
Pp 2013
Pumpkin Patch 2013!

"I have only two kinds of days: happy and hysterically happy. "~Allen J. Lefferdink

No comments: