Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekend Rundown: October 12th - 13th

The weekend actually started on Friday for me!! We had family pictures scheduled in the morning and I decided to just take the day off. Best.decision.ever. The weather could not have been more perfect. We played outside most of the afternoon and had dinner at my parents house.

Saturday was just the usual. Boot camp in the morning for me and then we went out to lunch before running some errands. Isla took a nap while Matt and Carter washed and cleaned out the van! Love them! I had a Scentsy party I went to and then met everyone over at Katie and Ryan's house for burgers. The kids had a blast playing with each other...Isla loves their cash register and is always 'ringing people up' when I watch them play. The adults watched the Penn State game on TV and the UNI game on the computer.

Sunday was a busy and FUN day! We took our annual trip to the pumpkin patch. Carter had a soccer game at 2 so we got to the Pumpkin Patch when it opened. It was a gorgeous day! Seriously the weather couldn't have been better. We had a great time even though Carter had a few fits about wanting to play in the giant sandbox. Um...we have a sandbox at home let's ride the ponies :). We went out to the patch and Carter found us the perfect pumpkin (again!). He also found Grandma a perfect minion pumpkin. I just love the time he takes to look at the pumpkins before selecting his. Isla didn't seem to be very hungry when it came to lunch but had no problem finishing her 'finger' cookie and kettle korn :). She also loved the apple sider. After lunch, we had a few more photo ops before the melting down began and we knew it was time to leave.


 
Eating some kettle korn

Looking for a pumpkin

Standing by our pumpkin

2012 vs. 2013
 
We had to go to Carter's soccer game straight from the pumpkin patch. And wouldn't you know the child we wanted to fall asleep on the way home didn't and the one that had a soccer game did! It always works this way doesn't it?! I dropped Matt and Isla off at home, woke Carter up and we headed to his soccer game. He did a pretty good job. He played goalie first and loved that, of course. Then he said he didn't want to go in the game when the coaches asked him. So I went over to him and let him know that he needed to play. I actually said, "you don't even have to kick the ball, just go in and run around." So he did go in and actually kicked the ball a couple of times. He had a break away and was about to score (or kick the ball to try and score) when he collided with another team member. Well, you can imagine how that turned out :). He didn't go back into the game after that - stinker!

Goalie

Throwing the ball


We went home after the game and told Daddy how well Carter did and then Carter went and played with his friends. Isla was still asleep(!) and while I should have been putting away clean laundry I vegged out in front of the TV instead. It was amazing :). Before to long, Miss Thing was up and we got ready to go to Pasta Night for dinner.

We were all happy that Pasta night is back and Carter and Isla pigged out on the tortolleni. And in an interesting turn of events, Isla did NOT want to sit in her hair chair so I lett her sit in the big chair by herself. They have really cushy hair back chairs so it was perfect for her even if she was a little short. And Carter wanted to sit on a booster seat even if he was a little tall. Whatever works! It was a great way to wrap up the weekend!

"I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it." ~Lee Maynard

No comments: