My sweet girl. How is it that you are 2 years old!?! I still think of you as my little baby but, especially in the last couple of months, I have been forced to face the fact that you are no longer a baby but becoming a little girl. That is so bittersweet for me. Of course, I love watching you grow and learn but it bums me out that is has to happen so dang fast!
I went from a working mom to a SAHM the end of your 2nd year and while it was a forced change for our family I have really loved being with you everyday. I know part of it is just time but I feel like I can hardly remember how Carter was at your age so I have been soaking up the fact that we get to hang out together all the time. You are at such a fun age so I love being able to experience that with you.
You have really loved the change too! You have become such a mommy's girl! Even if I just leave the room you always walk around saying 'mama, mama?" wondering where I have gone. I secretly love this :). You are not my cuddler...never have been but love that you show your love to me in different ways.
You are my sweetie with sass! You have always been able to let everyone know your opinion and that has been especially true this past year :). We always know when you are upset about something because you end up as a little puddle on the floor with your head in your hands. You have grown up so much this past year! You started walking last summer and have been working on your words since then as well. You are just starting to be really chatty and we love hearing your voice! It is amazing to think that we use to comment on how quiet your little cry was when you were a baby and know you generally have one noise level when speaking....loud! :)
You fit right in with the craziness that is our big family and make sure your presence is known even though you are usually the smallest one. You love to do anything the big kids are doing and aren't happy unless you are in the mix with everyone. You are goofy and generally have a good sense of humor especially potty humor. You laugh hysterically at any toots or burps that occur at our house :). You even get in on the fun and more than once have pushed out a toot just to make us laugh. I hope you keep this disposition and always find the humor in situations. Because life will throw you challenges but your attitude will make all the difference.
You are so beautiful with your light hair and bright blue eyes. You are still petite but have gotten very tall lately. I know that the first year is an extreme change: squishy infant to close-to-walking baby but man I am always amazed about the changes from year 1 baby to year 2 toddler!
You are such a joy Isla and we love you so much! You have been a perfect addition to our family. You are tough and will take all the things your brother throws at your (not literally :)) and you know how to give it right back to him, which is good for Mr. Carter :).
Happy, happy birthday to you! Love you!
![]() |
| 1 Year |
![]() |
| 2 Years! |


No comments:
Post a Comment