Monday, April 14, 2014

Under the Sea Birthday!

I decided to do a joint birthday party for Carter and Isla Cakes this year. I still let Carter decide on what theme he would like and he decided on an Under the Sea birthday party. Perfect for two kiddos of opposite gender!

The birthday party was fairly low-key just family and close friends. I didn't even plan a game for the kids rather just letting them play and the grown ups visit. The weather couldn't have been more perfect! 80 degrees? Yes, please! The kids were able to play outside and we had almost every window of our house open...dare I say it even felt hot! Not that anyone was complaining ~ the nice weather was LONG overdue.

I didn't do many decorations. Just a welcome sign and a birthday banner. I did see a cute idea of Pinterest awhile ago and creating jellyfish by taping streamers to balloons. They were really cute. Everyone had a great time and the kids were spoiled with so many great and thoughtful gifts! Carter got sharks and Legos and some of the Legos that had sharks so he was in absolute heaven! He even got a Shark Chomper, which is something he has been coveting forever! He asked for one for Christmas but I had no idea was he as even talking about...it is some random toy that he saw someone playing with on YouTube. Apparently, they sell them at Toys R Us and lucky Carter was gifted one by our friends Mexi and Amanda. They don't have kids yet but always manage to pick the perfect gift! Carter was also excited about some episodes from Shark Week that his best buddy Gavin got him. It is fair to say that he loved everything. So excited in fact that he woke up at 6:15 Sunday morning so he could open all the gifts. Oh my!

Isla got great gifts too and was also happy with everything. It is so funny because she just started showing a preference to Ariel and she got a lot of Ariel gifts, which is so perfect! She got super cute outfits, an Ariel Little People castle, mermaid wooden doll set, books, crayons, a doll cradle and many other wonderful things. It was crazy that amount of stuff in our family room after gift opening!

Matt and I got Carter and Isla a kid table and chair set for the basement playroom for the birthday party and then we got them each a gift to open on their actual birthdays. A Gup for Carter and a shopping cart for Isla. These two are sure lucky to have such amazing family and friends! Thank you to everyone who made their day so special!



Wasn't too sure
 
Got a little help from brother
He loved it!
 

Ripping into some gifts
 
Enjoying a sucker :)


Showing off her tummy!


“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”   ~ Dr. Seuss


No comments: