![]() |
| At Kindergarten Round Up! |
He is getting into Legos. He got some from Grandma Judy for Valentine's Day and had a great time putting it together with Daddy. He also got some Junior Legos from his best buddy Gavin and has been loving them! He likes to be a 'master builder' and create his own things with his Legos. He is really good at it! In fact, he made the blue car below just by looking at the box. It matched perfectly!
![]() |
![]() |
| Lining up his Lego creations |
He has had some adjustment now that mommy is staying home with him for the time being. It was a change for all of the kids actually but it has been great. My mom and I have been able to take the kids places that she couldn't do by herself...like swimming on Fridays and going to the Children's Museum. He really is a sweet kid but has had some difficulty lately following directions when I ask and he has gotten somewhat of any attitude lately, which I am not loving but know it comes from growing older and wanting some more independence.
![]() |
| Friday Swimming is also popcorn day at the Y! |
![]() |
| Mail Man! |
![]() |
Carter really isn't that into super heros but he does love Batman! He has Batman jammies and mask and has been really into wearing them lately. He loves when I refer to him as Batman and ask him where Carter is....:)
![]() |
| Batman working on some Legos! |
Another big thing that has been happening the past couple months is that Carter has been eating non stop! It is totally crazy! For years, I have been begging him to eat anything and now he just can't stop. He is always hungry. I am actually trying to deny him a snack in the afternoon because he will need to learn to eat all of his lunch next year. I don't think they have afternoon snacks in kindergarten. The good thing about this happening is that it has totally changed my attitude about Isla and her eating. I just don't stress about it anymore because I know eventually she will eat. Dinner time has been a lot more joyful lately. :)
I am doing a joint birthday party for Carter and Isla since I figured it will be the only year I can pull it off because going forward Carter will probably just have 'friend parties.' Anyway, I asked Carter for his birthday theme and he requested a dolphin party, which turned into a under-the-sea party so that is what we are doing. He is really excited that his sea loveys will be part of the décor and our shark piñata from last year will get to be reused. My mom has already given two early birthday presents ~ a leopard and blue shark!
Carter Quotes:
I was driving him home the other night and he said to me "It's nighttime...you know where you're going right?"
Carter: Mom, how do babies get out of your tummy?
Me: Well, you have to go to the hospital and push the baby out...you push really hard and the baby pops out (praying he doesn't ask me where the baby pops out from)
Carter: Mom, are you telling the truth?
Carter was making a birthday card for his friend Gavin and said to me "Mom, how do you make a friendship heart?"
OMG! It's snowing! I told him not to use that word and he said, "Mom, they are just letters"
He is really ready for warmer weather (aren't we all) and has been saying "I wish I could kick this winter away!"
Dad, I'm glad we have days off to spend together...
Carter asked me a question and I told him I didn't know and he replied, "You said you don't know...but you know everything."
Carter is a typical boy and sometimes he can't keep his hands out of his pants...so I said to him the other day, "Carter, don't play with yourself...it is not a toy." Carter's response?
"Yeah, but it's still fun to play with!" (Oh my!)
I don't really understand this game! I thought I would but I was wrong.
I had Carter write his last name on something and Addison and Gus were standing nearby. He shoed them away and said, "please don't watch me...I need to concentrate."
Carter was playing with Addison and her neighbor Savanna and they were making signs. I asked him what their signs said.
Carter: Don't litter! Be a critter!
Me: Yeah, who do you think is littering?
Carter: Criminals!
Mom do you know what will be my favorite part of kindergarten? Milk time!
As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen. ~ Winnie the Pooh







No comments:
Post a Comment