Monday, October 13, 2008

2nd Trimester!!

Now for some pregnancy news!! I am currently 13 weeks pregnant and technically in my second trimester. It is hard for me to believe that I am 1/3 of the way done. Everyone says that pregnancy takes forever but I think it has flown bye - I may feel differently about this come April :). I have been feeling really good. I am still a little bit tired but I think that some of my energy is coming back. Other than that I don't really feel any "different" than I did before I was pregnant so it blows my mind that I am growing a tiny human inside of me. I am anxiously waiting until I can feel some movement. The only real "proof" I have that I am in fact pregnant are a couple ultrasounds, a little belly that I KNOW was not there before, and as Matt would say, "her boobs are getting huge!". I personally believe that haven't gotten that big but I have decided to take this as a compliment :). Now introducing Baby Hatz!!


7 weeks and 5 days:


Due to some spotting this ultrasound was taken when I was 7 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Just a little bean but we got to see the heart beating - it was amazing and I was very relieved that everything turned out okay. The tech didn't tell me the heart rate but at that point I was just happy to see it!






11 weeks and 5 days:

On September 30th I went in for my 12 week doctor's appointment expecting to hear our baby's heartbeat. Even though Matt reminded me they may not be able to hear it when they couldn't find the heartbeat I was starting to get anxious. They took me to ultrasound just to "check up on things". The second the baby was up on the screen I noticed how much he/she had grown!! The difference four weeks makes is unbelievable. The baby was moving all over the place - my mom commented "well we know it is Matt's baby." I guess my placenta is on top of the baby which part of the reason the Doppler couldn't pick up the heartbeat. Since she didn't tell me at my last ultrasound, I asked the technician to tell me the heart rate and this is how she responded, "well it was 148 but that is no indication of the gender." I was kind of put off by that - I just wanted to know! Matt and I could care less about what gender it is. Anyway, it was a good appointment and we got to see the little baby again!!!
We haven't decided on anything yet for the baby. We just started looking at bedding and Matt bought me a baby name book - although I could shoot him for the one he gave me it has 100,000 names in it!!! Like we will be able to even put a dent in that book. I was hoping for a book entitled, "The Perfect Names for the Hatz's Baby", but I am not sure that book exists :). So if anyone has any suggestions please let us know!! (a side note to that is please don't suggest names you would like to use for your future children. People get crazy about baby names and I don't want to be accused of "stealing" anyone's baby names :) ).




No comments: