Thursday, January 8, 2009

99 Days and Oh S**T!!

99 days - yes, you read correctly I only have 99 days left until my due date and I am totally freaking out!! Where has the time gone?! All this time I have just enjoyed being pregnant and not worrying about preparing for the baby's arrival because "we have time." Well, now the baby will be here in 3 months and we have nothing except for a car seat, stroller and miscellaneous baby toys!! No nursery, no names, and a baby registry with hardly anything on it. So now we are really focused on getting everything done.

First things first, we have to completely clean out our office including the closet, which will probably be the most difficult - how do we accumulate so much stuff? Next, ordering a crib and adding items to our registries. Any moms out there have any suggestions - things you can't live without, things you never used, etc. Hopefully after receiving some things and getting some things done around the house I will feel more prepared...

On to some less anxiety-ridden news I have been feeling the baby now for several weeks but recently it has become more consistent. For instance the baby loves to move around in the morning when I am sitting at my desk at work and at night after dinner when I am lounging around. Also, Matt felt the baby move while we were down in Tampa. He was so excited!! He had been waiting to feel it for weeks now but of course every time he put his hand on my stomach the baby stopped moving :). Matt is also constantly amazed when he sees my expanding belly and more recently my disappearing belly button. Often asking, "let me see the baby" or poking his finger in my belly button (which kind of grosses me out). He is so cute! It is also driving him a little crazy that we don't the sex of the baby yet and he drops little hints that even though he doesn't have a preference, a little boy would be nice - ah men :).

So far I think most people have guessed I am having a girl. What do you think?
* If you would like to make a guess go up to my header and click on Expect.net to make a guess. If you would like to make a more educated guess by using Old Wives Tale answers click here before making your guess.

No comments: